Sako blade

The FC has been using non lead for a while now without any major issues being reported either publicly, privately or 'on the grapevine'. I popped some copper through my .243 and the poi was less than an inch higher than lead and as straight so as long as you are stalking in to normal distances and shoot accurately I would forget about the round and enjoy your stalking.

13 hours ago, 243deer said:

The FC has been using non lead for a while now without any major issues being reported either publicly, privately or 'on the grapevine'. I popped some copper through my .243 and the poi was less than an inch higher than lead and as straight so as long as you are stalking in to normal distances and shoot accurately I would forget about the round and enjoy your stalking.

Thank you I know Sako is a premium brand so should shoot to MOA but then every rifle shoots differently just trying to gage some first hand experience.

I have had to use non-lead ammo for several years. shooting Fallow, Roe and Muntjac.
Having tried several makes, whilst the Sako stuff was very accurate, it failed to expand properly and I lost more deer (3) with that pack of ammo than I had in the previous thirty years. This was .308 cal, but I cannot remember the brand name on the box. I don’t think it was “blade”.

The Nosler E tips work well, but now settled on RWS EVO Green. Front core is tin, which will fragment. The rear copper has so far always penetrated. Devastating without much meat damage. 
Sika can be little beggars to put down.

Edited by London Best

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I have had to use non-lead ammo for several years. shooting Fallow, Roe and Muntjac.
Having tried several makes, whilst the Sako stuff was very accurate, it failed to expand properly and I lost more deer (3) with that pack of ammo than I had in the previous thirty years. This was .308 cal, but I cannot remember the brand name on the box. I don’t think it was “blade”.

The Nosler E tips work well, but now settled on RWS EVO Green. Front core is tin, which will fragment. The rear copper has so far always penetrated. Devastating without much meat damage. 
Sika can be little beggars to put down.

Absolutely agree I’m a bit restricted on what my shop has on offer regarding none lead the last thing I want is deer running into thick cover as you quite rightly say Sika are tuff and take some stopping and of course this none toxic thing is all down to game dealers demanding something that’s not yet law must admit I’m very apprehensive around copper for me it’s an unknown quantity as I’ve always used traditional lead ammunition: