Moderator exchange

t2rys

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

They probably wouldnt know, doesnt make it legal though.

Wildcat are now putting serial numbers on new mods , along with calibre specific markings on baffle and shroud, the other mod manufacturers will likely follow.
I read one bloke went to buy a .243 mod from an RFD , for his 6mm PPC rifle, and because it said 6mm PPC on his ticket, then wouldnt sell him a mod marked .243, as he wasnt licenced for this item, absolute madness , as its very unlikely you will find any mod marked thus, even though theyre the same diameter.

It would seem the promised relaxation of mod certification is but a pipe dream , in fact , this heralds a tightening of it.

Then you hear people scoff when its said that the UK/EU is trying its best to make private firearms ownership more and more difficult ?

yeah i have mods from wildcat with and without markings with i think is better now made things harder for ppl just wanting a new part

35 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

made things harder for ppl just wanting a new part

Exactly, but why ?
What good is a mod without the firearm ? Is it more lethal , more stealthy ?
Besides .22lr stuff (which you can buy SAK type mods for , without licence) any supersonic centrefire, isnt rendered (movie style) silent with a mod.

So what on earth is the point in keeping them sec 1 ?

The police have obviously 'leaned' on Wildcat over this , and told them to stop selling parts that could change calibre, and now made them totally traceable with serial numbers.

For what ? It just makes life harder

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Exactly, but why ?
What good is a mod without the firearm ? Is it more lethal , more stealthy ?
Besides .22lr stuff (which you can buy SAK type mods for , without licence) any supersonic centrefire, isnt rendered (movie style) silent with a mod.

So what on earth is the point in keeping them sec 1 ?

The police have obviously 'leaned' on Wildcat over this , and told them to stop selling parts that could change calibre, and now made them totally traceable with serial numbers.

For what ? It just makes life harder

I doubt that Wildcat have a leaned on. It makes business sense to put serial numbers on so that the can’t be swapped. Therefore you have to buy another!

13 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

I doubt that Wildcat have a leaned on. It makes business sense to put serial numbers on so that the can’t be swapped. Therefore you have to buy another!

Of course the part can be swapped ! Wildcats are modular , thats the attractive part of them (plus the price) 
The serial numbers are for the police to identify exactly what you have now, rather than the descriptive thing they (sometimes) used to use.

What it also means is that they are not coming off sec 1 any time soon.