12G TO 410 REDUCER.

Terry 20b

Yes they are indeed each proofed for 3" cartridges but...as they ever were they are damned stiff to get fired 3" cartridges out of the things once you've fired one cartridge in them. They were intended to be used by me in a 65mm chamber side-by-side Belgian boxlock non-ejector and this difficulty in extracting 3" cartridges was why I became disappointed in them. GThey work, they go bang, they break clays (if i hold the gun straight that is), but...

They simply wouldn't really be useful "in the field" as a .410" substitute for a lad on either driven game or decoyed pigeon or, indeed, roost shooting. Good for one off against say rats or drey shooting squirrels but not where you might be expecting for a need to reload quickly. These were never "best quality" when made and do have external areas that show signs of having been externally pitted by rust in some places as they mostly all do. 

WIN_20221229_15_04_09_Pro.jpg

Edited by enfieldspares

Included when its sent will be a photocopy of pages 19 and 20 (Chapter 2 part 2.61 (l)) of Home Office November 2022 Guide to Firearms Licensing Law that states, inter alia 

Chapter 2: Definition and Classification of Firearms and Ammunition

"In the absence of a decision by a court, the Secretary of State takes the view that the following devices should not be regarded as firearms within the definition of the Act:

l) sleeve type chamber inserts for use in a shot gun or rifle"

Message to TERRY 20B and MADHATTER sent by PM. Please reply by PM if you still each wish to have one adapter each. I have tested both this midday on clays with Fiocchi 3", Eley Trap 2 1/2" and Lyalvale 2". Alas yours don't come with the Webley red box nor the Webley instruction paper:

Hello. Total cost, by bank transfer please not Paypal would be £38.00 plus Special Delivery by 1.00pm of £7.50. Call it £45 all in as I've included with the adapter is a new (used once to test the cord) 45 calibre phosphor bronze Parker Hale bore brush to clean the thing when fired.

I'd suggest dropping the cord into the adapter (when it's out of the gun) from the chamber end and then pulling through and maybe replacing the old cord I've used with newer paracord or similar if you haven't a cleaning rod it'll fit. Elsewise you get a build up of lead if using cartridges shorter than 3". Which then leads to some pitting, as this yours has, in front of where the case mouth is. I've tested the adapter today on clays and all is OK. Most cartridges except 3" Magnum (but give it a try but have a screwdriver handy) can be extracted when fired with a fingernail other may require a screwdriver between the front of the case rim and the adapter. Unless you bite your nails!

When these things were sold by Webley (or A G Parker) they came with an L shaped piece of metal to do that. If all OK with you please advise your address and I'll then advise my Nationwide bank account details. Many thanks. Here's some pictures I found on the internet. The Webley one is better than the Parker IMHO as the Webley has, as does this, a rubber O ring at the front to ensure a good seat in the barrel. The Parker doesn't. The thick length of dowel I've included is just as a packing piece BTW it has no other use.

Web410.jpg

WebBOX.jpg

AGP410.jpg