Is Shooting Over Spring Drillings Now A Thing Of The Past ?

marsh man

6 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I've been out this morning, land still waterlogged for well over 50% but the farmers must think its worth it as the Barley has gone in. Thousands of little red seeds on the surface and the field black with corvids.

Dropped 2 straight out of the car, picked 1 and put on bouncer by a permanent hide. Didn't have much time to spare. 20 shots, 7 picked. Not a pigeon in sight and as I drove off corvids descending again.

Next visit Monday but who knows if anything will still be there 🤔 

Glad you got out and managed to get some shooting , the forecast is not brilliant for Monday but that is still three days away and they have a job to predict what it will be the following day let alone the following week , the ground around here have dried out a lot and this week the farms have put a lot of Sugar beet in , weather permitting our Peas go in next week , at the moment we have still got a few Pigeons going on some thin patches of rape , that will be my port of call tomorrow and if I fire as many cartridges as did then I will be one happy ( Easter ) bunny .   MM