Garden

Bigbob

Yesterday i fed all my tubs chicken pellets  and at night i watered them all , the wifes saying its forecast to rain you know ?. Yes but the rain doesn't get under the foliage to the plant roots  ? anybody else think the same our wouldn't you bother ?.

Also i took the grandson to a garden centre to get more compost i loaded up with bulbs reduced to 99p a bag  dahlia's ect my thinking giving a chance they will come good and rush to produce flowers and seed  ????

I did the same three tier strawberry planter done away with the strawberry's put a hanging geranium then a standard one till i filled it probably 100 plants, last count i had over 130 containers in the garden between deadheading them and watering i can spend 2 hours plus a day out there then theres fed them friday better than stuck in the house 

We have 6 water butts collecting rain-water around the garden, fed from various drain-pipes and all interlinked by a hose.

Two solar pumps run water from them into drippers on the raised vegetable  planters.

Fit and forget.