little ballie thingy

soreshoulder

my gramp just bought me a lanber o/u, and we were doing some work on it at the gun shop. One choke was really tight in there so the gun smith had to put it in the vice really tight. when i got home i took it out of the case and the little aimer thingy was missing looked like it had been broken off becuase i could see the welding underneath. Can this be fixed?:stupid:

my gramp just bought me a lanber o/u, and we were doing some work on it at the gun shop. One choke was really tight in there so the gun smith had to put it in the vice really tight. when i got home i took it out of the case and the little aimer thingy was missing looked like it had been broken off becuase i could see the welding underneath. Can this be fixed?:lol:

:stupid::good: the little aimer thingy?:lol:

just a quick observation, although young, i think a greater knowledge of the firearm you now own would be an asset, aside from that take it back to the "smith" who "fixed it"

Martin

Yes - the bead. It can be fixed, they are usually just screwed in so if it's sheared off it may need drilling out. Maybe a discussion with the gunsmith who did it may result in a good deal on the work?? Or you could araldite a new one on, but bit of a messy fix (and you'd have to file off the threaded section of the new bead).

my gramp just bought me a lanber o/u, and we were doing some work on it at the gun shop. One choke was really tight in there so the gun smith had to put it in the vice really tight. when i got home i took it out of the case and the little aimer thingy was missing looked like it had been broken off becuase i could see the welding underneath. Can this be fixed?:lol:

:stupid::good: the little aimer thingy?:P

just a quick observation, although young, i think a greater knowledge of the firearm you now own would be an asset, aside from that take it back to the "smith" who "fixed it"

Martin

surely we all started somewhere :lol:

at least he is asking questions rather than making assumptions... :lol:

when i got home i took it out of the case and the little aimer thingy was missing looked like it had been broken off becuase i could see the welding underneath. Can this be fixed?:lol:

:stupid::good: the little aimer thingy?:P

Martin

surely we all started somewhere :lol:

at least he is asking questions rather than making assumptions... :lol:

Shaun, the wording in my opinion could have been put a lot better or in a more mature manner, when asking for advice, of which i gave (take it back to the smith), i would personaly found out what i was talking about, let me see, google search shotgun part listing, gosh that was hard.

just another opiion i guess, no harm done i hope.

Martin

Cut the guy some slack. We've all started somewhere like has been said. A little bit of that greater knowledge required could have been included in the first reply at no extra cost but wasn't, and if it couldn't then the reply should have had more consideration before being posted.

If the bead was fine before going to the smith then I would take it right back to the place of work without tampering with it yourself to be repaired free of charge at the least, good luck :stupid:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/shotgun.htm

it seems the only guy here not insulted is soreshoulder :stupid::good:

i see im the fall guy here, ok lets start again, "an observation" ( not a mouthy have a go put the lad down comment) as to finding out about the parts.

advice given:- "take it to the smith who had it first" , where you guys get im trying to have a go and be-little the lad im sure as hell dont know, how about you guys cut me a little slack, read my post again, from a non confrontational point of veiw, which im sure you can.

soreshoulder, im sorry if any of the above has brought any bad feeling or dis-comfort to you, above is a little link to a shotgun info site, i hope it helps, if not please allow me to help in anyway, this taken as penance to the above guys who think im sone sort of ogre.

Shaun/John, can we still be friends,,,,,,,,,,,,,pretty please .

Martin

http://science.howstuffworks.com/shotgun.htm

it seems the only guy here not insulted is soreshoulder :good::good:

i see im the fall guy here, ok lets start again, "an observation" ( not a mouthy have a go put the lad down comment) as to finding out about the parts.

advice given:- "take it to the smith who had it first" , where you guys get im trying to have a go and be-little the lad im sure as hell dont know, how about you guys cut me a little slack, read my post again, from a non confrontational point of veiw, which im sure you can.

soreshoulder, im sorry if any of the above has brought any bad feeling or dis-comfort to you, above is a little link to a shotgun info site, i hope it helps, if not please allow me to help in anyway, this taken as penance to the above guys who think im sone sort of ogre.

Shaun/John, can we still be friends,,,,,,,,,,,,,pretty please .

Martin

Oh go on then...... :good:

And them Canadian ogres must be bad, cos Canada is next door to America, and everything in Americas is bigger or nastier than anything that we have here.

webber

i knew i could win you guys over,,,,,,,, in the end,,,,,,phew, and webber, im a born and bred bristolian ogre is me, the canadian ones are pussy cats. :good:

Martin

• 1 month later...