J Nowill Sheffield Bowie Knife (believed to be Israeli Commando knife)

CaptC

I’m sure a blade collector can correct me but I’m led to believe this is an Israeli Commando Bowie knife. The blade has been polished, it would originally have been blacked. 
Stacked cork handle, Star of David on the ricasso. Tiny bit of ex rust on the spine. Blade 7” loa 12”. Edge is perfect. The sheath is in excellent condition. 
Comes with a carpy Whitby made in Germany “boys” knife. Condition poor but restorable. Plastic handle, blade 5.5” loa 9.5”. Sheath damaged  

£65 thanks  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

22 minutes ago, ditchman said:

interesting..............see the "Whitby" knife is a re-porposed hitler youth knife from the german factory

Yes I think it is and using "lightweight" materials - I have another German knife that is certainly WW2 or a little after, again  Hitler Youth style

On 19/07/2023 at 12:09, CaptC said:

I’m sure a blade collector can correct me but I’m led to believe this is an Israeli Commando Bowie knife. The blade has been polished, it would originally have been blacked. 
Stacked cork handle, Star of David on the ricasso. Tiny bit of ex rust on the spine. Blade 7” loa 12”. Edge is perfect. The sheath is in excellent condition. 
Comes with a carpy Whitby made in Germany “boys” knife. Condition poor but restorable. Plastic handle, blade 5.5” loa 9.5”. Sheath damaged  

£65 thanks  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

THE German Knife has been sold separately - The Israeli knife reduced to £50!!!