Replacement Firing Pin for Lincoln No2 20g Wanted

Keith RW

Just managed to shear the bottom firing pin on my 2001 Lincoln No2 20g which I suspect remained stuck out and not returning home due to possibly being gummed up through lack of use as its been in the cabinet since being purchased second hand back in 2016, no doubt I will discover the issue when I strip it down.

I bought this back then to teach one of the grandaughters that showed an interest for all of five minutes and got it out again today to take 13yr old grandson out who has more of an interest having been out with me on the pigeon and game for the last few seasons and which is ideal for him as a starter gun, we only managed 20 carts before the mishap.

Searching the internet Lincoln are made by Rizzini and appear to share many interchangeable parts, that said I dont seem to be able to track any spares stockist down.

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting hold of Rizzini/Lincoln spares other than going direct to manufacturer or anyone who can make one from pattern (broken one).

Cheers

12 hours ago, Keith RW said:

Just managed to shear the bottom firing pin on my 2001 Lincoln No2 20g which I suspect remained stuck out and not returning home due to possibly being gummed up through lack of use as its been in the cabinet since being purchased second hand back in 2016, no doubt I will discover the issue when I strip it down.

I bought this back then to teach one of the grandaughters that showed an interest for all of five minutes and got it out again today to take 13yr old grandson out who has more of an interest having been out with me on the pigeon and game for the last few seasons and which is ideal for him as a starter gun, we only managed 20 carts before the mishap.

Searching the internet Lincoln are made by Rizzini and appear to share many interchangeable parts, that said I dont seem to be able to track any spares stockist down.

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting hold of Rizzini/Lincoln spares other than going direct to manufacturer or anyone who can make one from pattern (broken one).

Cheers

Any gunsmith can make one for you .

5 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

You could try The Shotgun Store owned by Michael Leavold.

They’re stock spares for Lincoln (FAIR) shotguns.

Tel 0191 4233151

Mobile 07828163897

email info@shotgunchokes.co.uk

Cheers Boggy, Just in touch with Mike, sounds promising and fingers crossed, if not I may have to get one made as being told it's an old gun,

since when was 2001 old ?

I was out with a 1924 and a 1958 as well yesterday, one is definitely old with the other approaching.... 2001 definitely not 🙂

For anyone in the same position of sourcing spares for "older guns" and as well as the suggestions offered above, many thanks gents.

John Knibbs has a selection of various guns being broken for spares along with a comprehensive lists of parts advertised on their website,

Fortunately they have a 12G Lincoln No2 that appears to have the same size firing pins as the 20G that I require and which was confirmed by a phone call.

Purchased both top and bottom pins for a grand total of £15 each with a couple of quid postage so the Lincoln should be back up and running as soon as they land.

21 hours ago, Keith RW said:

For anyone in the same position of sourcing spares for "older guns" and as well as the suggestions offered above, many thanks gents.

John Knibbs has a selection of various guns being broken for spares along with a comprehensive lists of parts advertised on their website,

Fortunately they have a 12G Lincoln No2 that appears to have the same size firing pins as the 20G that I require and which was confirmed by a phone call.

Purchased both top and bottom pins for a grand total of £15 each with a couple of quid postage so the Lincoln should be back up and running as soon as they land.

Glad that you got sorted👍

14 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Glad that you got sorted👍

Fingers crossed it does the job and lasts out, its a frustration not having access to lathe and milling machines since retirement so as to be able sort little issues like this one out as I have done for previous 50 years 😶, hey ho what else am I to spend the pension on if not more shooting related gear 🙂

• 5 months later...

On 06/08/2023 at 19:31, Keith RW said:

Cheers

Hi did the 20 gauge fit , I tried the shotgun store but after placing the order I have now been told they think they are out of stock , I've seen a 20 gauge one for sale and wondered if it would for my 12 as I thought they where the same ? Any help would be appreciated 

56 minutes ago, Keith RW said:

It worked for me as they say, so providing the model and year are the same I dont see why not.

I have a 12 bore rizzini E basically a Lincoln no2 I can get a 20 bore pin easily and they look the same , I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say , just thought it may be worth an ask