Shotgun Case - 1923 +/- 50 years!

GBS

I am in the process of restoring an old Dickson BLE and am after a leather or canvas & leather shotgun case suitable for a 29" side by side.

It needs to be period correct for a 1923 gun. I'm happy with wear and tear and marks but don't want any damage/broken parts.

Thanks,

GBS

48 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I will send a picture tomorrow. I have something that may suite being correct for the period requested. £37 plus postage which I'd guess at about £12 via Parcelforce 48. Or collect from near J21 of the M1 use postcode LE9 2AL.

Thank you, i look forward to seeing photographs.  GBS

Here is the case. Which, my apologies, appears that it is likely in fact a hammer gun case. It would accommodate barrels of 30" to just under 31". I have taken some pictures. Personally I don't think it is for you. The lock is one of those that can be locked both  by key (which it no longer has) and by turning the round "collar" ninety degrees so as to lock the case, as it were, but without using a key. Anyhow here are the pictures. If it were my project I do however think if you relined it with new fabric and addressed the two leather straps it'd be a nice case:

01010141.JPG

01010139.JPG

01010136.JPG

01010135.JPG

01010134.JPG

01010133.JPG

7 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Here is the case. Which, my apologies, appears that it is likely in fact a hammer gun case. It would accommodate barrels of 30" to just under 31". I have taken some pictures. Personally I don't think it is for you. The lock is one of those that can be locked both  by key (which it no longer has) and by turning the round "collar" ninety degrees so as to lock the case, as it were, but without using a key. Anyhow here are the pictures. If it were my project I do however think if you relined it with new fabric and addressed the two leather straps it'd be a nice case:

01010141.JPG

01010139.JPG

01010136.JPG

01010135.JPG

01010134.JPG

01010133.JPG

Thank you Ed. It’s not quite what I’m after. Without being rude (hopefully!) I’m after something of slightly better quality. Say Brady type case as a minimum. Thanks again, GBS

3 hours ago, GBS said:

Thank you Ed. It’s not quite what I’m after. Without being rude (hopefully!) I’m after something of slightly better quality. Say Brady type case as a minimum. Thanks again, GBS

My thoughts also. In fact almost word for word!

Edited by enfieldspares

• 3 weeks later...