Gunpower stealth

Nublue 22

i have a gunpower storm .22 up for sale in its box and it has the quick fill and gauge plus its a mk2 for £250 and have not sold it they are great guns i have the stealth in .25 f.a.c.  also  they are very accurate guns if you try different pellets to find out what it likes you may get on better with it

Gunpowers reputation for shocking customer service doesn't help I'm afraid.  They can be an excellent gun if you know how they work or maybe should work (which is incredibly simple making it a brilliant DIY gun).  Just a pity Gunpower don't have a clue. Hint....an external regulator on the bottle and you will transform it.  AliExpress Condor reg for £42.  Another hint...reg pressure for .177 is 6.5mpa giving 11.6 ftlb CONSTANT not sure about .22 but it's a good starting point.  You need to do absolutely nothing to the rest of the gun.  Now if that doesn't make you want to keep it, it might just sell it for you. You can thank me later.  Hey folks trust me, this is very good value and if I didn't already have a Shadow 2 and a sharp eyed wife then it would be mine right now.

IMG_20221210_110844.jpg

Screenshot_20230913-201628.png

On 11/09/2023 at 17:33, Acerforestry said:

I also have the Stealth FAC in .22, that hasn't been out of the cabinet since I bought it, so i'd better start getting on with it - if a sub 12 isn't selling, it's doubtful an FAC will. With the price increases in cartridges, it may have its uses yet, pellets peanuts in comparison

Sub 12ftlbs don't sell because they don't stay 12ftlbs but there is a simple answer. See my post.

On 13/09/2023 at 20:45, Acerforestry said:

Fair comment about the power, I did hear on airgunforums that they stray over the mark very easily

Aye, but as I posted, under £40 buys you an adjustable regulator that solves the problem.  You only have to look at the design to know that without a plenum/dosing chamber it is going to need a regulator to keep it below 12ftlb.  As such the rifle simply isn't fit for purpose as a sub 12ftlb rifle.  I really don't know what Gunpower were thinking of.

On 16/09/2023 at 17:44, Biffo1262 said:

Aye, but as I posted, under £40 buys you an adjustable regulator that solves the problem.  You only have to look at the design to know that without a plenum/dosing chamber it is going to need a regulator to keep it below 12ftlb.  As such the rifle simply isn't fit for purpose as a sub 12ftlb rifle.  I really don't know what Gunpower were thinking of.

@Biffo1262 Really helpful input ref the regulator. I have a very early 2000's Stealth and it is a bit of a Marmite gun. A modders dream maybe but hard to keep consistent. I'd sort of given up on it but that regulator idea may help. It was built for the US market where FAC power is standard. They tried to dumb it down to sub-12 ft/lb for the UK market and it struggled. 

Like you say, fundamentally a good gun, but you need to know how to get the best out of it. In FAC .22 they are much better and very capable. 

Might have to get on to AliExpress....

Do it mate, you won't regret it.  It comes with it's own setting chamber so you don't need to fill the bottle to set it.  When it arrives it will have pressure in it so put it in the gun and fire it off to empty the testing chamber.  Mine is .177 and 6.5mpa on the reg gives me 11.6ftlb with an 8.4gn pellet.  It's a 300 bar reg to so if you are using the original bottle you will get far more shots than the 200 bar you were max. filling to before.  It handles 300 bar with ease.

On 19/09/2023 at 23:54, Biffo1262 said:

Do it mate, you won't regret it.  It comes with it's own setting chamber so you don't need to fill the bottle to set it.  When it arrives it will have pressure in it so put it in the gun and fire it off to empty the testing chamber.  Mine is .177 and 6.5mpa on the reg gives me 11.6ftlb with an 8.4gn pellet.  It's a 300 bar reg to so if you are using the original bottle you will get far more shots than the 200 bar you were max. filling to before.  It handles 300 bar with ease.

Thanks for that. I'll deffo look into. Appreciate the info 👍

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...