Beaters Wanted

doodles

On 24/09/2023 at 17:37, doodles said:

Looking for beaters on the north York moors. £70 a day for grouse, £55 a day for pheasant and partridges. Good level of fitness required and a good sense of humour. Dm for more info. 

No doubt a lot harder terrain than down our way but excellent pay for beating , far more than the beaters would expect in our area .

GOOD LUCK and hopefully you will get all you need :good:

They charge a fortune for Grouse probably £200 a brace and pay below minimum wage for beaters who have to look after their dogs and feed them all year and exhaust themselves walking miles in the ridiculous heat we have nowadays plus fuel costs.  No thanks.  I think the original poster has a good sense of humour.

Edited by Weihrauch17

12 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

They charge a fortune for Grouse probably £200 a brace and pay below minimum wage for beaters who have to look after their dogs and feed them all year and exhaust themselves walking miles in the ridiculous heat we have nowadays plus fuel costs.  No thanks.  I think the original poster has a good sense of humour.

I think it's a fantastic offer , but then again you shouldn't be beating for money , I would do it for nothing which I've done all my life.

You will be feeding your dogs all year anyway , otherwise they will die 🤣

7 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

I think it's a fantastic offer , but then again you shouldn't be beating for money , I would do it for nothing which I've done all my life.

You will be feeding your dogs all year anyway , otherwise they will die 🤣

Maybe you were a Serf in a previous life 🙄