New shooter license/certificate applications

Hi folks, being new to this group and fairly new to shooting, I have a stack of questions for you all! But I would like to start with license/certificate applications (I am based in Scotland)

I have been a member of the local target shooting club for around 6 weeks now, only shooting air rifle so far. I plan on applying for my AWC as soon as I have a suitable cabinet to keep an air rifle in.

Most of the other members are all shooting .22LR, which I also find appealing. This is tempting me to apply for the FAC at the same time as the AWC, reasons for both will be initially shooting at the club but hoping to get a land permission in the near future to also shoot in the field.

Some of the members of the club indicated that it would be better to just apply for everything at once, including SGC. I have done a little clay pigeon in the past and would like to get this at some point but don't yet have a permission for any land.

Is there any issue with applying for all 3 at once as someone who has never held any of these before?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Baldingfast

49 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

For historic reasons my SGC and FAC are out of step by about 15 months, which nearly doubles the fuss over renewals. If you know you have reasons for both it would make sense to apply for both at the same time.

what do you mean by "historic reasons"?

it's easy enough to re align them to run coterminously and then hey presto you're back to once every 5 years.