Another book recommendation.

JDog

I have just finished reading 'No one left to lie to' by Christopher Hitchens.

This is about Bill Clinton and his sordid private life and corruption in American politics at the time of his Presidency.

Superb writing style sets this book apart.

I will take a look. 👍

I have just finished 'The Showman' about Zelensky by Simon Shuster (a great insight into the man), and 'Twilight of Democracy' from Anne Applebaum (excellent but could be better referenced).

Christopher Hitchens is (well, was) a great writer who challenges both the reader and himself in all his work. Unlike his brother who is a bit of a hack by comparison.

I have just finished Politics on the Edge by Rory Stewart. I suppose he is (was) a One Nation Conservative but that is irrelevant to his demonstration of how politics and government actually function. It's an interesting tale. No doubt oowee knows about this stuff but not the rest of us......

12 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

Christopher Hitchens is (well, was) a great writer who challenges both the reader and himself in all his work. Unlike his brother who is a bit of a hack by comparison.

I have just finished Politics on the Edge by Rory Stewart. I suppose he is (was) a One Nation Conservative but that is irrelevant to his demonstration of how politics and government actually function. It's an interesting tale. No doubt oowee knows about this stuff but not the rest of us......

Rory Stewart is the original free thinker. I thought him too intelligent to be an MP.