Trout Fishing on Farmoor Reservoir for anyone interested to having a go at Fly Fishing for Trout !!!!! ????

On 28/03/2024 at 13:09, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, as above, i have been fishing the above for many  years and had been a member of FFF Club when we fished Number 1 Reservoir , i was looking at going again this year to fish on Number 2 which is a Day Ticket Venue so i thought there maybe a PW member who would like come on a day with me to learn Basic Casting etc and hopefully catch a trout or 2 , Welcome to bring a Partner or friend , I have the Rods/reels, etc oh and big landing net 🤔😊, it can be good fishing on a nice warm breezy day, i will not fish myself but help you enjoy a day out trout fishing, Partners or friends/ family not wishing to fish there is a nice walk around the Res or Bird Watching, There is also a nice Cafe, Have a look on Google maps, There are various tickets, Day/ Afternoon/ Evening but depends on time permitting if you have a fair drive to Oxford, i would prefer a week day or maybe a Sunday , The weather is a factor in Trout Fishing eg To Hot is no good, so Best is mid late April, May/ June/ July August if not to hot, September October, Oh i am not one of those expert trout fishers you see only the Telly , i just like to enjoy time out fishing and fresh air, a flask of coffee and sarnie and a bit of cake 😊, if of interest let me know

Hello, Am looking at having another day on Farmoor soon if anyone would like to join me, I need to find out about the closing time as i posted , if still 5 pm then the Ranger may issue a 2 fish ticket for £12 and could start mid morning, leave message if interested, cheers

On 17/05/2024 at 19:11, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Am looking at having another day on Farmoor soon if anyone would like to join me, I need to find out about the closing time as i posted , if still 5 pm then the Ranger may issue a 2 fish ticket for £12 and could start mid morning, leave message if interested, cheers

Pm on the way.