Scope mounted torch

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

ok  Steve, i was going to say a night sabre 48 but ludicrous lumins is out of stock

To be honest, I am sure I've got a small torch somewhere amongst my odds and ****. I'll have a dig around tomorrow.

Thanks

I have a torch here with 2 heads, one 38mm and the other 50mm.

It has a single battery or a twin battery extension tube (takes 1 or 2 x 18650)
Comes with a Red, White and 850nm IR (screw in) pill

£60 inc postage (no batteries).

torch1.jpg.128555c75a52914de257f93a979cdbd0.jpgtorch2.jpg.b74f8d0ea604ce3fd890c5803a00d35b.jpg

11 minutes ago, miki said:

I have a torch here with 2 heads, one 38mm and the other 50mm.

It has a single battery or a twin battery extension tube (takes 1 or 2 x 18650)
Comes with a Red, White and 850nm IR (screw in) pill

£60 inc postage (no batteries).

torch1.jpg.128555c75a52914de257f93a979cdbd0.jpgtorch2.jpg.b74f8d0ea604ce3fd890c5803a00d35b.jpg

I'll double check in my attic tomorrow as I'm sure I had one with a red/white and IR LED, just like the one you've shown. I will get back to you if I can't find it.

Thanks.

22 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I'll double check in my attic tomorrow as I'm sure I had one with a red/white and IR LED, just like the one you've shown. I will get back to you if I can't find it.

Thanks.

I've just found my Evo torch with 50mm and 67mm heads. I also have a Red/IR/and White LED's. I knew that I had them somewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, to make my T 38 torch work better i bought a 2 X 37 mm camera lens and tapped on the front bezel, much improved beam and distance

Good idea, and I think I did something like this years ago with an old torch I had. Where did you get the camera lens from?

22 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Good idea, and I think I did something like this years ago with an old torch I had. Where did you get the camera lens from?

hello, i think it was Aliexpress , google Neewer Digital High Definition 2 X Telephoto Lens Japan , size 37 mm O/D ,that is the screw thread size and fits inside the 38 mm torch bezel, or you can get 52mm but that is more for a white/red led spotting torch

39 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i think it was Aliexpress , google Neewer Digital High Definition 2 X Telephoto Lens Japan , size 37 mm O/D ,that is the screw thread size and fits inside the 38 mm torch bezel, or you can get 52mm but that is more for a white/red led spotting torch

Yes, Newer was the company I bought a lens off. I used it when I made a NV spotter, not on a torch as I mentioned.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, ok, i have been using a 37mm on my T38 for years and they make a big difference

I'll have to check was size tor h heads I've got. I know I've got a 50mm, 67mm and a 75mm but don't think I've got a 38mm one.

8 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I'll have to check was size tor h heads I've got. I know I've got a 50mm, 67mm and a 75mm but don't think I've got a 38mm one.

Hello, ok, silly me gave this torch away or i would have sent to you, i now use a night fox 850 I/R torch ,  are you looking at a I/R torch for your scope ??, the 2 X lens on the T38 does make it rather heavy, 

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, ok, silly me gave this torch away or i would have sent to you, i now use a night fox 850 I/R torch ,  are you looking at a I/R torch for your scope ??, the 2 X lens on the T38 does make it rather heavy, 

Thanks anyway. I've got a small ir torch at the moment, and my Solaris SRX ir torch is up for sale, basically through lack of use.