Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

steve_b_wales

I don't know if some of you (I wasn't) are aware of the above, but I tried it and it's good. Just press the 'Windows' key and 'R' the same time. A search box will show and then you type in MRT 'enter'. It then searches your files extra for anything malicious. A full scan could take a few hours, so I just did a quick scan. There wasn't anything found.

2 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I don't know if some of you (I wasn't) are aware of the above, but I tried it and it's good. Just press the 'Windows' key and 'R' the same time. A search box will show and then you type in MRT 'enter'. It then searches your files extra for anything malicious. A full scan could take a few hours, so I just did a quick scan. There wasn't anything found.

Thanks for the tip, I will try it.

If it didnt find anything how can you say its good?

A few years ago a local computer guy recomended super anti spyware to me. I just use the free version so any updates have to be installed every few weeks, which is fast & easy. Run a quick scan & it always turns something up or run a full scan which takes longer & turns up more, usually tracking cookies but often other **** as well.