Le Cameau Mouflon Boots.

flytie

Don't buy Le chameau mouflons, I had one pair crack in less than four months, nikwaxed every week! After being sent away to be analysied by a firm in Lancs they grudgingly replaced them with their new model. They are cracking too and the rand is coming away as well as being less padded, therefore less comfy than the last pair! Be Warned

Ft

ps; Try this link too for the full picture of what mouflons perform like; http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=27559

Into my 4th season with mine and believe me they've had some hammer .I use Nikwax but I treat and feed the leather first with neats foot oil.On it's own the Wax is very poor ......I suppose there is a bad batch and at RRP £185 that is'nt acceptable but I would still chance buying another pair .

Read the link on my post, I'm not the only one out there having problems. Don't rely on their after sales service THEY DO NOT OPERATE ONE

ft

Into my 4th season with mine and believe me they've had some hammer .I use Nikwax but I treat and feed the leather first with neats foot oil.On it's own the Wax is very poor ......I suppose there is a bad batch and at RRP £185 that is'nt acceptable but I would still chance buying another pair .

Read the link on my post, I'm not the only one out there having problems. Don't rely on their after sales service THEY DO NOT OPERATE ONE

ft

There customer service is excellent.

You were unlucky yet you have got a new pair.

Why carry on the rant?

LB

ft

There customer service is excellent.

You were unlucky yet you have got a new pair.

Why carry on the rant?

LB

Because they were slow, grudging, unpleasant to deal with and the new boots, less than two months old, are falling to bits.

If you think their customer service is excellent, what have you had to have replaced LB?

ft.

ft

FT

I tried to but it say's web page can't be found ........I too am a member of the Hunting life forum and have'nt seen this thread .I can only speak from personnel experience which is postive towards this product ,some of my shooting buddies have these boots also and if they were members their views would be positive also .However I'm aware of some faults long before you posted this topic and fully understand your greivence due to the amount this boot cost .

Lancs

The old ways are the best .Neats Foot OIL is the way forward :good: ......Some of these modern products are utter rubbish IMO and do not do what thet say on the label :good:

Yep the links OK FT :good: ..............Although I did,nt count, it seemed even steven's with positive and negative reviews .......Good point made by Ian B about by using the wrong product doing more harm than good but I think Nikwax is OK albeit not as good as it's cracked up to be .

When the firm from Lancs (who did the independant testing on the returned pair) rang me about my boots, I asked them what they recommended. The very nice chap said any good quality bootwax, such as nikwax. That's what I had been using, and have been using on my boots for years and years.

It's not that I do not believe that there are no good mouflons, just that both pairs of mine, original and replacement have fallen to bits in no time flat. That and the very poor after sales service I suffered made me very cross indeed, I do not like to waste my money, it's hard enough to come by. I do not seem to be alone either.

ft

i got a pair of theses boots for christmas 2 years ago and on the bottom of one of them the yellow sign part has completley disintigrated causing the whole of the centre of the soul to peel open i didnt even notice till i got a wet foot one day , the boots are really good though and i will buy another pair soon , i will put up a picture of what they look like now

pete