Dead Pigeon

Hi fellow pigeon shooters,

this is a strange request I know but can someone spare a couple of pigeons that are not required?

I live near midddlesbrough and I need a couple of pigeons for the magnet so if you can spare a couple I will be happy to collect them from some where local.

Please no birds that have been shot two years ago and are rotting in a bag in the garden shed.

Many thanks

Justin

PM

It sounds like you are desperate. Im sorry but I cant help you, but its not a good idea to post your phone number on such a forum. Its better if you ask for PM. Can I suggest that you delete your phone number!

You dont have to start the day with the rotor; just take some decoys, set them up and leave room for the rotor. The first two pigeon shot can have a free ride on the merry go round.

When youve completed your day, dont forget to freeze some pigeon for your next outing.

webber

Hi Webber,

thanks for the info but the problem i have is that my shoot is over peas so geeting some birds to come onto static shells may be a problem, but i'm new to this style of shooting so if you are convinced that i will get two pigeons without much fuss then i will go for the gamble and take what you said.

As for the phone numbers, your right i should use PM.

I will let you know how i get on, this is going to be my first pigeon shoot using decoys so I'm going to need all the luck, and all the info that I have collected over the last few months.

Happy shooting

Justin

PM

You could try without decoys, and just stand under trees close to the flightline, to try for your first couple.

I cant give you much advise about shooting over peas. Ive never had the chance to shoot over peas as none of the farmers on whose land I have permission ever grow peas. a couple do grow a bean which the pigeon dont seem interested in.

webber

Hi K,

I cheers for the offer but I went out with just with the statics on Monday and got myself two birds, these are my first decoyed pigeons and although I sat there all day its was a brilliant day.

Thanks once again K and to everyone who replyed.

Happy shooting

Justin