Pumpkins

Bigbob

I have 8 half barrels i grow pumpkin's in the grandkids will carve them what ever the size and the adults love pumpkin pie well its nearly all sugar , But this year despite 2 different sowings 4 different packets  sowings not one germinated i have resewn two more packet's as i think its still early enough but now i see lidl are doing Dwarf fruit trees from Thursday . Will they grow in a half barrel with feed and watering as i am thinking about cutting my loses ?.

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

dont like pumpkins.......i love stuffed marrow with rice and herbs and mince...wrapped and done in the oven.........

when i tell young kids this they are appalled...

My wife grows courgettes, which, if we don't eat them fast enough, turn into marrows, which she stuffs and we enjoy.

A couple of years ago we ended up with 3 at the same time, but rather than throw two, she offered them, with the recipe, to our neighbour who has two young twins (9 y.o. at the time). The kids hoovered them up, never having had them before, so last year we deliberately let one of the plants produce marrows and will do so this year.

Too cut my loses i planted 2 courgettes  after i asked the wife could she use all the courgettes two plants could produce and luckily there was a cookery programme on and Nick Nairn and another chef had a question from somebody asking for courgette recipes  and she said i can do that so we shall see . Picked up one pumpkin plant and a butternut squash plant yesterday from a garden centre so i just hope we get the Indian summer they are talking about .

26 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Too cut my loses i planted 2 courgettes  after i asked the wife could she use all the courgettes two plants could produce and luckily there was a cookery programme on and Nick Nairn and another chef had a question from somebody asking for courgette recipes  and she said i can do that so we shall see . Picked up one pumpkin plant and a butternut squash plant yesterday from a garden centre so i just hope we get the Indian summer they are talking about .

show us yer pumpkins then..😍

Just now, Bigbob said:

That's a new low even for you Fat Sarah on holiday ?. 

you know very well where fat sarah is..........ive told you oten enuff.........stop trying to draw me out :big_boss:

56 minutes ago, ditchman said:

you know very well where fat sarah is..........ive told you oten enuff.........stop trying to draw me out :big_boss:

That big lass must be a bit moist in tis heat , It must be nearly 30 down Narfark if your still 10 degrees warmer than us Scots ?.

42 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

That big lass must be a bit moist in tis heat , It must be nearly 30 down Narfark if your still 10 degrees warmer than us Scots ?.

she is not in norfolk...she is in Outer Mongolia as you well know