Another bottle stopper

Not wishing to bore you all with more photos of my bottle stoppers, I posted this in particular to thank Kevin (Shambam1962) as he recently sent me some lovely pieces of wood.

Kevin not only sent me Zebrano (as the one in the photo) but Purple Heart, Iroko and Ash and all were turned to a round size suitable to be worked on with sufficient wood for no less than 24 stoppers, so a big thank you to Kevin. There really are some good guys on this forum and Kevin is certainly one of them.

I like the way the grain is shown to good effect on this latest one. I hope that I can only improve and become more adventurous with future designs.

Once I become a little more proficient, we have a local country fair in the next village shortly and I`m hoping to make some to sell with most of the proceeds going to local charities.

Thanks for looking.

OB

IMG_4245.JPG

Edited by Old Boggy

24 minutes ago, JKD said:

That looks quite classy ๐Ÿ‘ Could I ask what dates are this country fare ? I like to support these small village fares whenever I can ๐Ÿ™‚

PM sent

3 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Not wishing to bore you all with more photos of my bottle stoppers, I posted this in particular to thank Kevin (Shambam1962) as he recently sent me some lovely pieces of wood.

Kevin not only sent me Zebrano (as the one in the photo) but Purple Heart, Iroko and Ash and all were turned to a round size suitable to be worked on with sufficient wood for no less than 24 stoppers, so a big thank you to Kevin. There really are some good guys on this forum and Kevin is certainly one of them.

I like the way the grain is shown to good effect on this latest one. I hope that I can only improve and become more adventurous with future designs.

Once I become a little more proficient, we have a local country fair in the next village shortly and I`m hoping to make some to sell with most of the proceeds going to local charities.

Thanks for looking.

OB

IMG_4245.JPG

Thanks Chris and glad the blanks arrived safely ๐Ÿ‘

They should keep you busy for a day or two.

I particularly like using Zebrano wood, as it is very nice to turn, and the grain pattern is stunning, when polished.

ย I very much like the different styles of stoppers you are making, and continue posting your turned projects.

The stoppers are very good, and as your confidence builds, donโ€™t be scared to try different finishes, as itโ€™s all part of the learning curve.

In a few weeks I will cut and glue, some laminated pieces of different types of wood, for you to try out, and post them off to you !

The stoppers are definitely good enough to sell at the village fete, and thatโ€™s really nice of you, going to donate to charity ๐Ÿ‘

Keep up the good work.