stock question?

dogger

A bit of a broad question. Assuming a cheek piece would be on the opposite side I can’t see how it would interfere.

As to cast it rather depends on how much. I am a lefty and shoot guns with a little right hand cast so can’t see a problem in reverse although it’s not ideal. My best guns are all cast to my dimensions.

14 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

A bit of a broad question. Assuming a cheek piece would be on the opposite side I can’t see how it would interfere.

As to cast it rather depends on how much. I am a lefty and shoot guns with a little right hand cast so can’t see a problem in reverse although it’s not ideal. My best guns are all cast to my dimensions.

thankyou i did wonder if i could cut the cast off and make it into a plain stock

Using a left-handed stock from the right shoulder can be uncomfortable because the cheek piece is designed for left-handed shooters. This means it won't fit well against the right side of your face, making it hard to get a good aim.

The stock's shape is also tailored for left-handed use, which can feel awkward and affect your control over the firearm. While you can try using it this way in an emergency, it's better to use a stock made for right-handed shooters for the best comfort and accuracy.

36 minutes ago, marquesgriffin said:

Using a left-handed stock from the right shoulder can be uncomfortable because the cheek piece is designed for left-handed shooters. This means it won't fit well against the right side of your face, making it hard to get a good aim.

The stock's shape is also tailored for left-handed use, which can feel awkward and affect your control over the firearm. While you can try using it this way in an emergency, it's better to use a stock made for right-handed shooters for the best comfort and accuracy.

What sort of "emergency" do you foresee?