STOCK / FORE END REPAIR

wingnut

Hi, i wonder if any body could let me know of any one who can repair a 12g stock and fore end off a browning citori special, or give me any info as to how i can repair it myself.

I was pigeon shooting the other week and caught my (unloaded) gun on a piece of barbed wire crossing a fence, it now has one deep scratch on the fore end , and one on the stock.

The gun is only 2 weeks old!, i asked at my local dealers, they cheerfully informed me a new stock and fore end would be the thick end of £600.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

regards wingnut

depending on the depth of the scratch the laquer finish can be repaired, basicaly a carefull fill in on a prepaired surface, then fine grit wet/dry to clean up, if the wood is damaged itself then were talking a little different here, again take away the offending area of laquered finish, a cloth with hot water/oil will soften and swell up the wood to backfill the damage, then when clean ad dry you can repeat t he above, failing all this you may have to remove all the varnish and re-finish the stock's fully.

Martin

good luck

If you go to Browning direct - forend is about £115 and stock £200 for grade 1. A secondhand stock went for £67 today on Ebay and I sold a newish forend recently for £35. So replacement

Over this side of the Pennines there are a couple of Gunsmiths who could probably sort it for you. Harry Nich in Bolton and Ian in Oldham.