Clay shoot Noise Problems

barrowboy

Hello , I have not been involved in clay shooting very long ,started this year in fact and enjoying it . However I have spent over 30 years involved in off road motorcycle sport , which like your sport has it's problems with noise . Much more that you will ever get in shooting ,my position was fighting local councils on noise issues etc . Most problems are brought about by people not knowing their rights and people trying to fight councils with no knowledge of what they really want . They often attend meetings with the local council and other agents involved and land up getting rolled up in red tape and have no reply , leaving themselves with an order to close the site . In the last five years I have had to defend around forty close down orders all over the country and lost just three , which in truth I expected to lose two of them due to the fact new homes were built close by . I am no expert but I do have the equipment to do noise testing and a decent amount of knowledge on how to defend against noise issue's . If anyone should require noise testing or help then I am willing to lend a hand if I can . I am a cpsa member but as yet not joined a cpsa club .Just pm your contact details and I will get back to you .

Good to hear barrowboy, a very worthwhile offer indeed :yes:

On a not too dissimilar note, my neighbours will often get a little noisy, mainly at night. Trouble is I only get to hear the bed knocking, will your kit help me hear the bits I'm missing out on :lol:

Hey Bagsy.....Pretend to be a window cleaner...then plant this..should help you.. :lol:

http://www.spyshoponline.co.uk/product_inf...CFQltMAodQ0OJYg

Just incase anyone is in any doubt that you can light a ****, I can catagorically confirm that you can.

In my early twenties I was a fitter in a glass works, and was part of a team asked to work a double shift to effect an emergency repair to the batch plant. Around 10 oclock we sent the works van to the chinese take away. We ate the food in a small cabin, and it wasnt long before the food started to be digested. Les Roberts the welder, bet each of us two bob that he could light his ****. The money was collected in a hard hat, and Les went into action. The **** was ignited with a lighter. This was fun at the time, but I now realise the more serious consequenses, as we were all kitted out in Pyroban type overalls due to the high risk of explosion. We must have been mad, some would say I still am!

webber

Guest The Outlaw
Just incase anyone is in any doubt that you can light a ****, I can catagorically confirm that you can.

In my early twenties I was a fitter in a glass works, and was part of a team asked to work a double shift to effect an emergency repair to the batch plant. Around 10 oclock we sent the works van to the chinese take away. We ate the food in a small cabin, and it wasnt long before the food started to be digested. Les Roberts the welder, bet each of us two bob that he could light his ****. The money was collected in a hard hat, and Les went into action. The **** was ignited with a lighter. This was fun at the time, but I now realise the more serious consequenses, as we were all kitted out in Pyroban type overalls due to the high risk of explosion. We must have been mad, some would say I still am!

webber

:blink: :yes: :blink:

You have to do it through cotton though, otherwise you get a blow back and burn your rusty bullet hole and singe you frilly bits.

Been there done it. :w00t::angry::lol:

Tony