Yorkshire Pudding

Just thought I would add my bit. Squintshot you are right about undrilled oil fields but there are also the so called "dead ones" these are fields that are so called empty but they are not.... with the present technology that we have we can only exume 40% of the oil in these so there is still a lot left in them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as sqintshot and webber both mention the capped wells ,you have (no disrepect intended) no idea how many are available to produce if the need arises ,here in alberta alone there are 150,000 for gas and around 3x for oil ,if all the wells over turned on the ecconomy would crash the world over, crude will probably hit around $50a barrel before any drop ,and i hate to **** you all off but its our buisness, and were ok with it, there will be a time when the chinese need for oil will outway the rest of the world combined as soon as ther quality in production comes to standard , then you will see shortages and price increases from hell as the world pumps to keep them happy.

i hope the price comes down for you all but i think all the protesting falls on deaf ears as far as opec are concerned

just so you can see this is our shop you can see most of the machines ,but we have increased production dramaticaly since these pics

http://www.apollomachine.com/

martin

LPG is not really an alternative fuel because it's still a fossil fuel. Bio-fuels such as bio-diesel and ethanol are sustainable carbon neutral fuels. Particulates are a problem only with fossil diesel not with bio-diesel, which is a much cleaner fuel. NOx is a problem with all fuels but is worse with diesel fuels than petrol or LPG. NOx would not be a problem for any diesel fuels if they had cleaned the sulphur from fossil fuel because it is the sulphur that has until now prevented the use of a catalytic converter on diesel vehicles. Biodiesel contains no sulphur. NOx emissions have been reduced by Euro 3 and 4 standards, but will be reduced further by Euro 5. All emissions are reduced in lower consumption cars. LPG would be a good way to improve city air quality in the short term, if it didn't encourage people to drive bigger cars, but biofuels and much lower fuel consumption is the only way to go forward.

The fuel price is determined by supply and demand and is not the responsibilty of OPEC members. If we want a lower price then we must use less.