help with rabbits

northy

Hi guys,

been a whille since i posted but i really need some help

I have been asked to cull some rabbits from a very big garden, my problem is if i get there about 7pm set up my camo net and wiat till about 8pm

(this is when they start to come out) after my first shot (12 bore) all the rabbits will disapear. so i will have to wait again ? is this how its done?

or is there a better way??

please help if you can

thanks guys

northy

I would think that the ideal tool would be a sound moderated air rifle, I assume the garden is not big enough to longnet between the grazing area & the burrows, you probably do not need to build a hide.Just sit quietly & be patient after a rain shower is the best time to be there.Good luck.

Northy...

As everyone mentioned Airgun.

I shot 9 rabbits on Saturday evening between 8 and 9.30 with a silenced logun axor .22 from 35m just led in longish grass waiting from them to appear from a large crop of nettles. A couple I missed but had chance of a second shot. They dont immediately bolt for cover as they cannot determine where the shot is coming from. Also it pays to wait until several are in the open and feeding confidently rather than to try for the first bunny you see.

You could also try lamping at night and if you didnt want to go to the expense of buying a lamp just use a maglite or similar torch taped to the airguns barrel

Good luck

FM.