Last Sako Question I promise!!!!!!!!&#

ESTIBAN

If the changeover from 22lr to .17hmr is a chew due to zeroing issues whats your thoughts on this option. 22lr with scope zero'd then prior to changing to .17hmr barrel i mark position where scope + mounts sit on rail then remove. Then fit hmr barrel and zero that set of mounts + scope in then everytime i go out its just a quick change of mounted scopes up to marks on rail and thats it set. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF THAT?:lol:?;)?:lol: just seems a shame to not get the use of the quad system when i have the main part anyway cheers in advance of any replies :good:

Not entirely sure what your suggesting, but I occasionally take the scope off my Annie (to put dioptics on) and then put it back on to two know points and 90% of the time it's spot on, even when it's off it's only by 1cm max at ~25yrds. :good:

I mount my scope so that the rear of the forard mount is flush with the breech face. That ensures the the scope is always returned to its original position. You could use two scope and mount setups but your better off getting high mounts and a scope that will allow you to remove the barrel while fitted. As long as you have a decent scope you should be able to dial in the clicks for zero adjustment. Mine is something like 22 clicks vertical and 9 horizontal. I always re-zero after changing out.

I've only the one barrel on my Quad but I'd agree 100% with what Axe suggests, I can remove the barrel on mine for cleaning without taking off the scope. If you choose mounts for your scope that allow you to remove the barrel with the scope still mounted you're away with it. Just count and record the click differences in the two different zeros.

I've only the one barrel on my Quad but I'd agree 100% with what Axe suggests, I can remove the barrel on mine for cleaning without taking off the scope. If you choose mounts for your scope that allow you to remove the barrel with the scope still mounted you're away with it. Just count and record the click differences in the two different zeros.

I've got high mounts on mine and can do just that. :good: