Tried filming a night vision clip

Dave-G

We had a go with the NV and recorder tonight. First attempt at recording anything - let alone at night with new gear to try out.

Then came another learning curve to edit out all the crappy pointing in the wrong places bits :good:

The good thing about digital NV is that someone turning on their gun lamp wont affect a tube. The viewing point was about 80 yards from the rabbits - with 'fleabag about 20 yards in front and off to my left.

Sorry it's only a short one but rain stopped play.

clicky

Well the first shot hit the wire fence but you can see the rabbit only became aware we were there just prior to the shot. I'd spotted it with the monocular and told fleabag where to set up and start looking. When he put his Atom lamp on (Look out :good:) the rabbit became alert and he hit the wire when he took the shot.

To get above the line of the wire he had to climb up the bales for a an attempt at it's mate, angled downwards. You can see the lamp light searching for the rabbit but, already alerted it took off soon after the lamp hit it. If you look closely you can just about see little reflections of the rainfall too. Interestingly Human eye reflection is as visible through NV as it is in camera's.

Thats more than a good effort for a first try. :huh:

I do like the old, "hit the wire" excuse, I ain't heard that one for a while. :lol:

I'd like to suggest a blade of thick grass next time, or maybe a particularly fat moth for next summer :lol:

looks good keep it up i like the vid