What Air Rifle???

Toby

Hi,

I curently own a B2 (please dont hate me!) At the time my dad said to start with a budget gun and as he was paying with my money (i'm only 15) i didnt have much so i couldn't splash out! I now know that YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET! altho once id got rid of the 4x20 it came with and put a simmons 4X32 on it improved and out performed the ranges' BSA meteor (just).

But now i have a couple of jobs and the odd bit of cash from beating and i wanna upgrade! I have looked at lots of rifles and read literally hundreds of reviews but still cant decide! I want a springer (cant aford the gear for a PCP) i supose i would have a CO2 but havent seen any i like. The most expenseve gun i'v looked at is the Air Arms TX200 MK3 (around £280) It doesnt have to be knew but sugestions on a NEW gn would be best.

I have looked at...

Air Arms TX200 MK3 - £270 - a little pricey

BSA meteor - £115 - used at range and not very good (in my opinion)

BSA XL - £210 - reasonable but mixed reveiws

BSA supersport - £150 - good price , ok reveiws

BSA lightning - £175 - seems to be the supersport with a moderator?

Webly long bow - £240 - bit pricey

Webly Xoet - £200 - not cheap

Weihrauch HW77 - £180

Weihrauch HW95K - £190

Weihrauch HW 97K - £260 - pricey

Weihrauch HW80 - £270 -Pricey

I want it for shooting knock down targets at the local range and maybe some back garden plinking?

Also what scope?

Thanks in advance! I dont know what i'd do without this forum!

If I had to buy a springer on a budget I'd have the Supersport carbine (which is essentially a cheaper Lightning/xl) or a HW95. With a little more money the HW80K is a very nice and solid gun. I've owned a Supersport and fired an estimated 30,000 rounds through it without anything more than a replacement spring. I finished up putting a Theoben gas strut in it, which is the best thing I've ever done. The rifle is now used by my cousin, and is still running strong.

Hi,

I curently own a B2 (please dont hate me!) At the time my dad said to start with a budget gun and as he was paying with my money (i'm only 15) i didnt have much so i couldn't splash out! I now know that YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET! altho once id got rid of the 4x20 it came with and put a simmons 4X32 on it improved and out performed the ranges' BSA meteor (just).

But now i have a couple of jobs and the odd bit of cash from beating and i wanna upgrade! I have looked at lots of rifles and read literally hundreds of reviews but still cant decide! I want a springer (cant aford the gear for a PCP) i supose i would have a CO2 but havent seen any i like. The most expenseve gun i'v looked at is the Air Arms TX200 MK3 (around £280) It doesnt have to be knew but sugestions on a NEW gn would be best.

I have looked at...

Air Arms TX200 MK3 - £270 - a little pricey

BSA meteor - £115 - used at range and not very good (in my opinion)

BSA XL - £210 - reasonable but mixed reveiws

BSA supersport - £150 - good price , ok reveiws

BSA lightning - £175 - seems to be the supersport with a moderator?

Webly long bow - £240 - bit pricey

Webly Xoet - £200 - not cheap

Weihrauch HW77 - £180

Weihrauch HW95K - £190

Weihrauch HW 97K - £260 - pricey

Weihrauch HW80 - £270 -Pricey

I want it for shooting knock down targets at the local range and maybe some back garden plinking?

Also what scope?

Thanks in advance! I dont know what i'd do without this forum!

hi toby always a good to be cautious and ask the question i own a weirauch97k and to be honest the weight is a big issue my mates 95k though is lighter and great to use. if i was you try you local gun shop and see the gun first to check how you feel with the various guns as for the money you dont want to regret it a week later.

Hi, having shot with Weihrauchs for the last 5 or 6 years i cant really fault em- started out with a hw80-tremendous for rabbiting, then moved to a 97k, then a 98k. Now i have a BSA superten, only because the hw100 didnt come out till a while after i wanted a precharged.