winchester 101

jcbruno

Guest The Outlaw

Calam's first gun was a Parker Hale/ Winchester 101 28" o/u.

Her one was a fixed choke 1/4 & 1/2.

She shot it for while and didnt get on with it because she found it to be a bit lively.

Then I part exchanged it for a 325.

It is quite and old model I think, but is fine for rough shooting imo.

Tony

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/merchant2/m...del-101-history

http://www.herosarms.com/winchester.htm

just a couple Neil, lovely guns well made, especialy the older models, kindalike that old volkswagon :lol:

im told some of the newr sporting models are fine tools also,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe time for a xmas prezzie for the mrs :rolleyes:

Martin

Hi,

I've got a 101 xtr 28" m/c 12g which I have shot from the age of 12. Great gun. Chromed bores, 3" chambers. Fired thousands of shells over the years. It does kick a bit as its a light weight model. I had to take it in to the gunsmith last year as it developed a fault of ejecting unfired shells. Still not bad when you consider how much use its had (22 years, used a few times each month). If you can find one which hasn't had much use it will last for years. I'd like one in 20g.

Fine guns made in Japan until about 1989. Production taken over by Classic Doubles. Similar standard to Browning and fine handling. Spares are no real problem. Double Eagle run by Chris Showler in USA bought out all the factory spares. Chrome lined barrels. Some actions seemed quite loose, even from new. £50 to tighten up. At £500, a decent buy - providing all blueing intact and woodwork not damaged. Seen some a lot dearer - £800. Would not touch at that money.

thanks everyone the one i looked at today was a winchester field lux and it looks very simaler to the browning citori guns, infact this one had made by herstal Belgium so that alone sounds like quality, and the CZ O/U fit me very well too i hope to buy one or the other in the new year after my raise, and then we can head out martin and i will have one to bring with me to the UK when i come :rolleyes: