Stealth silencer trouble, I need help!

SAVAGE HMR

Right, I got my stealth a few days ago, works great and everything BUT....... The silencer is pants! Don't get me wrong I love the way it looks but it suits the rifle really well but it doesn't do much to 'silence' the shot.

I want to keep the silencer cause it looks great on the rifle, I'm not keen on getting an adapter to fit a Logun silencer or anything.

But try as I might I cant open up the Stealth silencer to insert my own wadding etc.

I've had it clamped in a vice and twisted all ways but to no avail.

Does anyone know how I would be able to open and get in to the silencer, or where I can buy a Stealth silencer that comes to bits?

Any help you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for reading.

It's basically a very large tube shoved/shrunk over both ends, each of which have a lip on them. shove a piece of dowel up its bum and whack it.

Then take it down "buy and queue" and get some large washers and those pads that glue to table leg bottoms to protect laminate flooring. Also visit the plumbing section and get three plastic pipe joiner sections (I think they are the type made to glue into pipes)

bond the pads to the washers, cutting holes in the pads and space them apart with the plastic pipes. One seriously quiet stealth mod.

• 2 weeks later...
Hiya, if you get stuck I have 2 or 3 stealth moderator alloy baffles (,22) new , which you can have for £4.50, post included.best way to take apart is to pour boiling water over the end you want off then as dave-g says whack it with a wood dowell. pm me if you want the baffles.

Stick a "rod" through the wider hole of the silencer, being carefullnot to touch the sides :good: and hit with a wooden mallet until the cap pops off. It will come off, just needs some gentle tapping around all the edges