fluky shot

Topgunners

Hi All

Just thought I would let you know about this weekends shooting over pea filelds in Warwickshire.

On Friday myself and my mate went out about 3.30pm for a recce on some peas and sat and watched abot 400-500 pigeons feeding on the crop and creaming ourselves , couldn't wait for saturday.

Got to the fields early on saturday and set up 12 plastic deeks and a magnet and 3 floaters.

The birds were flying past singly and in twos and threes and by midday we had shot 23. Then the dreaded LULL until around 3,00pm and they started to come in HEAVY. By six o clock we had picked up 146ish(2 or 3 dropped over the back of the hide). Brilliant!

We had to go and shoot a fox as requested by the farmers wife as he was nicking her chickens.

Sunday we arrived again and what a different day! We shot 7 in four hours SLOOOOOOOOW! The pigeons were just not there.

As they say "every day is a different day".

But later on we went to a wood for the fly in to roost and on one shot my mates son shot a pigeon at a PACED 71yards.

WOW! we thought , until we checked the spent cartridge and he had accidentally used an SG.

The bird didn' t have a chance.

ROLL ON JULY for the harvest.

:blink:

Topgunners,

I enjoyed your report. Thanks.

Topgunners, i did also.

It's great to hear that someone has had some luck on peas in Warwickshire because all our trips have ended up like yours did on the Sunday with not much action at all.

Three of our farms have got peas on them but as yet we haven't had any luck at all.

(Trying to think which of the farmers wives keep chickens now :blink: )

Topgunners i live in Coventry the same as you but The Sniper comes from Yorkshire. If you click on the members name, this will usually tell you a bit about them although not everyone fills in their details.

I have a lot of land in the Warwick and Stratford areas and several farms a bit nearer home.