BSA Hornet

Vulcha

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Wookie he shoots falcon rifles I dont know what type though but he should be able to give you a fair idea of the falcon make.

If you can trade for a rifle that you have tested & liked go for it m8 sounds like it will save you a fair few notes the FX2000 is almost twice the value of the hornet and the air arms s200.

I have narrowed it down to three now. Air Arms S200, BSA Hornet and Falcon FN 19.

S200

Accurate (very). Lots of horrible plastic parts on it. So so trigger. Flat forend not to everyones taste. Rather fragile around the (plastic) cocking bolt. In fact the whole cocking mechanism is prone to breaking as it's made down to a price.

Hornet

Easily the best of the three. Superb trigger.

Falcon

Perfectly serviceable BUT an ancient design and feels it next to either the S200 or Hornet. Many Falcons twang horribly. This can be cured but you shouldn't have to.

Hmm. I do like the look of the hornet, but it is very loud! My uncle bought an Air Arms S400 today. It amazing. It is nearly silent thatnks to the huge silencer. It is quieter than a cork coming out of a bottle. Getting 1/2 inch groups with it at 35 meters. Really light, no re-coil (but no pcps have re-coil). Really light. We had trouble with the pump at first, but that's solved now. Brilliant gun though, and a great stock. It was £345 for just the gun. A good price?

The loudness depends entirely on which silencer is fitted. BSA SAS silencer is OK but any 1/2 inch unf threaded one will fit a Hornet. I have a Ripley FAC silencer on mine and it's all but innaudible. The S400 can be got for as little as £290 if you shop around. Pick up a copy of Gun Mart and have a browse.

Ive been using a Logun silencer on both single and multi shot Hornet models. I can certainly reccomend it. I can honestly say that the sound of the cocking mechanism (v.quiet) is louder than when you shoot.

I have had a look at some websites and spoken to the man at my gun shop.When i was out there he showed me a BSA Super 10. If i were to get one i would get the the Bull Barell version and standard length. Apparently you can get 200 shots per bottle. I would probably choose .177. Has anyone got one of these or used one? If so, can you tell me what they preform like?

I see from your profile your in Plymouth. Go to Plymouth Privateers club. You probably finds someone there who's got one or more of the guns you're interested in. Almost all club members will happily let you try their guns.

http://www.f.t.shooter.btinternet.co.uk/Pr...map/sitemap.htm

Even if you're only interested in hunting a club is an excellent place to put some lead down the barrel to learn new equipment / check zeroes / test your skill against others. I've seen far too many "hunters" come to a club who know nothing about trajectory or marksmanship yet are blasting away at live quarry. The ones who stop and join up learn to shoot and get bigger bags.

• 3 weeks later...