BSA Hornet

Vulcha

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air Arms S200 mk2 with a hawke varmit II either the 3-10X44 or the 3-12X44 scope if i had the cash (and any where to shoot it) thats what I would go for but thats just me at the end of the day if you have a local gun shop that stocks the hornet or any other air rifle that is with in your budget or takes your fancy go along & ask them to have a look at it feel the weight etc you never know till you try.

Yeah but roumour has it that Air Arms are making a 10 shot adapter kit for the S200/200mk2 & also I have shot the S200 & found it very accurate over long range for its size & weight & is very quiet when used with a silencer & have plinked coke bottle tops at 35yrds using 3-9X40 Hawke sport scope & in my book thats blooming good also the rifle is nice & cheap in the deal so you can spend pennies saved on some thing else .

The funny thing is vulcha I would class my self as a decent shot. yes you can get spare cylinders I think they retail at about £25-£35 but it depends on where you get them from. I had no problems with bolt when I tried my freinds rifle. As for scopes the choice is entirly yours I have never used the walther range of optics so I cant coment on them im afraid.

Im not a big fan of illuminated retical scopes & when I have been out lamping with one attaced to a .22 rimmy. I found that as the guy I was lamping with was using a red fillter on it I kept losing the cross hair in the end I got soooo peved I turned the reticle illumination off & used it as normal.

This does not mean that they dont have any uses they are good if you are in a dimly lit wood or even the odd barn where poor light means that you cannot see the cross hair properly.

When me and my uncle came home from shooting today, a man was talking to him about pre-charged guns. He had a webley FX2000 which he was selling. Once we had chucked our gear in, i ran over the road and got the gun to try out. It was brilliant! We fired through this book and the pellet went through 205 pages! Also, the crows began to fly home and my uncle started taking shots at them, and hit one in the chest! It flew on a little way then dropped into the woods. My uncle was dissapointed that it was not a .22 so was not sure about buying it. I returned it and told him it was great. He explained that he wanted to get rid of it so he could buy a new, lighter gun for his wife. He offered to swap his FX2000, with an AGS 3-9X40 mil dot scope for my BSA Supersport, with a hawke 4X40 scope and sling. His son may buy it on Friday, but if he doesn't should i accept the offer?

So, any of you people know which i should get? Either an Air Arms S200, BSA Hornet or swap for the FX2000. Although the guys son may buy it. I also entered the compotition with airgun world, so i may get the Air Arms S410K, but i doubt it.