Worlds strongest man

myuserid

Did anyone watch the final last night?

Terry Hollands came a respectable 3rd, Pudzianowski reclaimed his title. That brings me onto the following:

Are the competitors screened for drugs, there is such a big gap between Pudzianowski and the others makes me think there could be something dodgy going on!

Yeah I watched, pretty impressive fight put up from Hollands. Really thought he was going to take 2nd place but there you go. I know what you mean about the gap between the Pole and the runners up. I must admit, looking at Pudzianowski he is a totally different build to the others. He looks more like a juiced up body builder rather than a typical strong man. I guess they do test them for drugs, but forget where I read or heard it, but the tests they do are always outdated it is not hard for competitors to enhance their performance without being rumbled.

Who knows, but lets take the opportunity to have another pop at the Polish. Only kidding, well done to the guy.

Would seem this it quite a hot topic in the body building arena. Quite surprised I was not more aware of it as spent a good deal of my youth wrapped up in going to the gym and pumping iron.

It would seem that competitors are allowed to use steroids and HGH, it is not clear if all do or don't. The reason this causes such friction in the arena is that they seem to think that the likes of you and I will dismiss their acheivemtns and hard work because we can just think "well they take drugs, so it is easy".

Whether all substances are allowed I cannot say, but get the impression anything goes. They do test for drugs, but the recreational sort so that they do not have competitors collapsing on stage through ill health.

most of those competitors use steroids guys same as all body builders who are pro use them if you look at the gap between a natural bodybuilder and some 1 from the pro ranks it is such a differance , 99% of the world couldn't get those results !!! i lifted weights for 3 years and was tempted to use roid but i like good health too much :lol: