rifle

dazza

Fantastic rifle , i own 1 in 243 and mates have got em in 223, 22-250, 308 etc etc - one of the best out the box shooters you can buy :blush:

As for a mod...................... wel its down to personal choice, we all tend to use T8's but the wildcats are also a very good choice

Do it! :blush: Sako 75 varmint is an excellent rifle, buy that one and I doubt you'll buy another .223 again, if I were the dealer I would offer you a money back garantee on that statement! :rolleyes:

I'm not much of a mod man, but if I were to recommend one go for the Atec - it'll pay for itself in the long run. :good:

Sako 75 is a fantastic rifle, I have the hunter in 6.5x55 and I love it.

I'm sure you will not regret buying a 75 varmint but, you might want to have a look at the 85 also?

My friend has just bought one in stainless synth in 6.5 and it's the dogs.

As for the mod I have a T8 on mine and it's very good but, if I had the option now I would buy a PES.

Let us know what you decide.

Moses

Unless you have one identified I think you will struggle to get one, certainly the SS Laminate. I got the last 22-250 from GMK through my local dealer and I would think the 223's sold out before that.

Just checked there is 1 listed on Guntrader at Greenfields, if you are serious I would be quick.

Edited by JRDS

Paul, what's your new avatar a picture of? I can see the truck and the trees, but is there something (you?) on the roof?!?

No it was my truck out in the snow ( same time i took the pic in this months photo comp) - nothing on the roof, i think you can see the tree trunks covered in snow!!

Now I need a good scope.

Any ideas on that front yet?

no, I'll be relying on advice from pw members :lol:

What's your budget? Might be worthwhile getting in touch with Paul regarding Leupolds - they are probably the best value high end optic available at the moment (paricularly with the £ to $ exchange rate at present).

Paul, what's your new avatar a picture of? I can see the truck and the trees, but is there something (you?) on the roof?!?

No it was my truck out in the snow ( same time i took the pic in this months photo comp) - nothing on the roof, i think you can see the tree trunks covered in snow!!

Ahh...I can see the snow now - thought it was just cropped low! :lol:

Now I need a good scope.

Any ideas on that front yet?

no, I'll be relying on advice from pw members :lol:

What's your budget? Might be worthwhile getting in touch with Paul regarding Leupolds - they are probably the best value high end optic available at the moment (paricularly with the £ to $ exchange rate at present).

£500

£500

i bought a brand new Leupold VX-L 6.5-20 x 56mm ( 30mm tube) extreme varmit for $1050 (£550) from that guy in the states ( Price from here - uttings.com is £999.00 ( $1950) ). so you have a good budget really, unless you want european of course - but you only gonna get a new fixed mag or second hand variable for that much over here.

Edited by tulkyuk

why is it that leupolds are not liked on this site I find them an excellent scope. Especially as they are usually severall hundred pounds cheaper that the equivelent European scope with just as good an optic quality

8.5 - 25 x 50 LR is about £700 ish i believe

S&B PMII and Night force NXS both in excess of £1100

no brainer in my mind

Ian

We all have different eyes, I have had 4 Leupolds including VX111 and a MK 4 and IMHO Swaro and Schmidt are better in terms of build, Glass quality and non fussy eye relief. I have a Swarovski 4 - 12 x 50 on my 22-250 but in terms of build and glass quality prefer the 6 x 42 Hungarian on my 243, Schmidts are just so solid and crystal clear.