Lucky Escape

Magpies are gay

Yesturday one of my pigeons had a Very lucky escape!!...i was going out decoying with my air rifle, got to the field, didnt see any thing on it with my eye! But i looked around the corner and there were 2 pigeons drinking out of a puddle, so i stalked them down throught the Long wheat, and into the ditch! Had a look they were still drinking couldnt take a shot from the ditch too much folliage in front of me! So a slowly bent it all down and crawled forwards un till my barrel was sticking out the end and scope lens! Checked it out with my Paralex it was just closer that 30yards, i have lined it up a 30 So that was cool. Put my cross hair just under the white bar on its neck, squeesed the 1st stage off, and the pigeon looked up ( looking for his m8 i think ) he was dead still, so i pulled the trigger Phhhsssss....Splash!! Went in the puddle, but some fethers come out! They had both bummed off, so i had a look,it was the white bar fethers :lol: , so i think i just skimmed the fethers and not the pigeon!!! :< cos they both flew off fine! and landed in a tree far away!!! had a look at my zero and it was off 2 clicks the the right!... :< Awell

aled if you dont use scopes and just look down the barrel how do you hit anything with the air rifle and rf you have listed under your name?. i think you once replied to one of my posts 'if you dont have anything usefull to say don't say anything'

nuff said

plinker

with the rimfire its a fixed open sight which you have to use a screwdriver for.

i said, unlucky mate, aws in unlucky he didnt get a bird so i did say something usefull..

and i dont do much shooting as i used to with my air rifle but i look down the side of the barrel when target shooting to check it, and then use the open sights, its a easier way to find if its accurate or not.

Aled

As usual, another crock of warm and stinky from aled :lol:

Aled, you really should think before typing, if telescopic sights were so ****, no one would use them.

One minute you are bopping round on your quad bike telling us how you shoot near the bunnies to make them move so they are better targets for the second shot, then you are telling us that you look down the barrel instead of using scopes, you must be either an amazing marksman, or ...............

If people checked their zero before they went shooting then this would be avoided and there would be a pigeon in the pot, still lesson learned for next time ey :lol:

You could have hypodermiced it. Particularly true in .177. Miss the vitals and the pellet passes straight through and will take feathers off on the far side. Often does very little damage too. Two clicks at 30 yds on most scopes is just over an 1/8 of an inch at 30 yds. Wind is far more important at 30 yds than two clicks!

Aled

If you have a rimmy then the FAC proceedures require tightening.