pcp rifle

laf

Hi all i am thinking ov jumping on the pcp band wagon with a limited cash flow (due to the wife lol) i was thinking one ov these 2 may be a good choice

air arms s200 or bsa ultra

would you all be so kind to give me your views on these rifles i will also be using a pump to charge them up

thanks in advance

laf

Hi all i am thinking ov jumping on the pcp band wagon with a limited cash flow (due to the wife lol) i was thinking one ov these 2 may be a good choice

air arms s200 or bsa ultra

would you all be so kind to give me your views on these rifles i will also be using a pump to charge them up

thanks in advance

laf

Hi Laf, personally I like any air-arms pcp rifle and decided against the ultra due to its size ... really small ! I chose to go for the Logun Solo now woth multi-shot mag for around £300 brand new & have never looked back, its a fantastic gun. I also bought a diving bottle off fleabay for £55 so cheaper than a pump !

Gav

get the s200 it has a higher shot count, a lower fill pressure and can be upgraded to a self indexing 10 shot the only disadvantage of the s200 is that the barrel is not threaded so your stuck with the air arms one which is'nt the best but still works well.

ss12

The Ultra seems good, I had one but after a hundred shots or so got annoyed with the stupid front cocking. Loading pellets was also horrid and fiddly. Could not wait to get back to a decent bolt action. Finish on the rifle was rough too.

The AA S200 is a nice gun, I have shot one a few time, nice and compact and very accurate. Should be as it is made by CZ !

S200 all the way mate! My first pcp was a 2nd hand S200 with the 10 shot magazine system, AA silencer and an adjustable butt pad I picked up for about 200 squid all in.

Bloody accurate gun (match grade barrel), very lightweight, good shot count (even in .177) I used mine for hunting and could easily despatch the bunnies at respectable distances.

I even changed the stock on mine to a black thumbhole one. In fact, if I didnt have an Air Ranger now, i'd have another S200 any day.

Hope this helps mate :rolleyes:

The top rifle is my old S200

06_23_0.jpg

Target from a zero-ing session last year

target.jpg

Edited by monkeyjaimz

S200 all the way mate! My first pcp was a 2nd hand S200 with the 10 shot magazine system, AA silencer and an adjustable butt pad I picked up for about 200 squid all in.

Bloody accurate gun (match grade barrel), very lightweight, good shot count (even in .177) I used mine for hunting and could easily despatch the bunnies at respectable distances.

I even changed the stock on mine to a black thumbhole one. In fact, if I didnt have an Air Ranger now, i'd have another S200 any day.

Hope this helps mate :good:

The top rifle is my old S200

06_23_0.jpg

Target from a zero-ing session last year

target.jpg

gotta agree get a 200 mate :good: i got a 2nd hand mk1 for 200notes and its not missed a beat, you can get 1/2"unf adapters from the likes of rowan engineering so it can take a weihrauch or similar silencer, theres several differant multi shot kits for them and plenty of other 'bling' items to choose from, and the fellas on the air arms owners club are a superb bunch too....i know -im one of them lol

lee :lol:

air arms first choice then the bsa im sure it will be a capable gun but id stay clear of logun they usually let someone else build it then badge it as theres. id stick with gunmakers who make and develop their own. i know the s200 is made in coherts with cz but it is fantastically accurate and reliable to boot. good luck

id stay clear of logun they usually let someone else build it then badge it as theres. id stick with gunmakers who make and develop their own.

Utter rubbish ! I own a logun & its fantastic.

your entitled to your opinion i have mine. any logun i tried was nt up to much,and their back up was awful unlike air arms.

id stay clear of logun they usually let someone else build it then badge it as theres. id stick with gunmakers who make and develop their own.

Utter rubbish ! I own a logun & its fantastic.

your entitled to your opinion i have mine. any logun i tried was nt up to much,and their back up was awful unlike air arms.

Listen, AA are without doubt an amazing make but when it comes to badmouthing Logun, I just aint having that. The solo is made by FX in Sweden who are a reputable company and is a very well made & balanced gun. I tested various versions of Air Arms, Loguns, BSA's etc etc and chose mine and am glad I did because its a fantastic weapon at a fraction of the cost of the rest.

... like you said its your opinion but it doesnt mean to say its not wrong.