anyone fished lanzarote

derek.snr

The best places to fish in the Canaries are the harbours and marinas.

Light tackle (fresh water tactics) for mullet, wrasse and various brightly coloured fishies.

What ever you do, resist the urge to go on a charter boat.

The offshore fishing is very poor and despite the photographs you will be shown, it is a complete ripoff.

Lots of motoring about, supposedly trolling lures for marlin etc :unsure: , then a bit of bottom fishing for shark, rays etc. all that live in the boat owners imagination. :blush:

Lots of the harbours and marinas are no fishing unfortunatly,i did well from the beaches with squid and fresh fish strips,all sorts of brightly coloured beasties to be had,not a clue what many of them were!

Beware of a small sea bream looking fish,it has a needle like spine on its dorsal and also on its pecs,its not poisonous but they do jab in nicely and draw a bit of claret!

Edited by fat_jay

i've dun best over there from the harbours. i'm pretty sure it was playa blanca harbour, cant remember it was ages ago, free lined bread paste to the biggest god damn mullet in the shoal, you cud tell they were scroungers tho, as he didnt taste very good!

also fished from the small bridge/road that goes across to the castle at arrecife, bubble floated the smallest pieces of bread to half lb ish large shoals of mullet, was great fun.

brilliant place tho, dont spend all your time fishing! get a hire car and get up to arrieta, the beach there is gorgeous, and there is a small cafe, that does AMAZING food. you rarely see english people their, all locals!

The best places to fish in the Canaries are the harbours and marinas.

Light tackle (fresh water tactics) for mullet, wrasse and various brightly coloured fishies.

What ever you do, resist the urge to go on a charter boat.

The offshore fishing is very poor and despite the photographs you will be shown, it is a complete ripoff.

Lots of motoring about, supposedly trolling lures for marlin etc :unsure: , then a bit of bottom fishing for shark, rays etc. all that live in the boat owners imagination. :blush:

went out on a charter boat a couple of years ago there, out all day, nearing the end of the afternoon the line starts stripping, got on the rod and noticed this particular fish fought about as hard as a large black plastic bag. dissapointed i was. other than that interruption saw a nice hammerhead which swam by the boat, and kept on swimming, needless to say, it was a pants affair.

other than that lanzarote was lovely, best of luck whatever you get up to. :good:

BM.

I fished Lanzarote last year and found the best method for the mullet was a bubble float and a piece of crust the size of a fist on the hook, it took a while to get the mullet feeding but i found the fish would get into a feeding frenzy picking off the crust and wouldn`t notice the peice containing the hook and i found that the small fish would attract the bigger ones which came in and took the larger crust.