Scope mounted lamps?

RGandhisdog

Has anyone any opinions or experience of the various scope mounted lamps out there? I am thinking of going for the Logun or possibly the Deben Tracer. I want the lamp for Rabbits on my air rifle so need a good beam to 50yds or so!

Cheers,

Gary

5 have the deben atom tracer and with a red filter can clearly see eyes up to 70 yards :unsure:

My big brother has the logun lamp but im not too keen on it, because it has such a small focus

hope this helps

Lew

Has anyone any opinions or experience of the various scope mounted lamps out there? I am thinking of going for the Logun or possibly the Deben Tracer. I want the lamp for Rabbits on my air rifle so need a good beam to 50yds or so!

Cheers,

Gary

if your thinking of logun hav a look at deben stinger its got a good beem up 2 70yds i have one and i do think thay are verry good for air rifle.

russ

Cheers,

Gary

I started with a Logun lamp, its ok for short range rabbiting but for a few extra

quid go for a Deben tracer mini pro. Much better bit of kit, and the pro has a

stock mounted dimmer switch. :unsure:

Dont waste your money on a Logun lamp mate :)

Buy a Deben :oops: ,

I started out with a logun, they're ok for short distances, but as soon as you put a filter on there (which you will if you're after rabbits) the beam is pretty naff.

I bought a 2nd hand deban tracer from the buy / sell / swap section for much less than I paid for the rubbish logun.

There's just no comparrison between the two in my opinion (having owned and used both). Also, spare filters and bits for the logun lamps are a nightmare to get hold of (6 months wait for a filter kit).

Hope this helps mate :good:

must agree with the others,

logun is ideal for close up ratting,but not much else

al

I use a deben mini pro which is excellent on rimmie or airrifle. Just to add my shooting buddy uses a logun on his pcp and it is often too bright on close range rats spooking them. I dont have this problem with the mini pro thanks to the 'dimmer'.. Only thing better about the logun imo is the build quality..

Edited by luckytrigger

I bought a Deben Tracer mini today for £85 from my local shop, pretty good price I thought! I also ended up buying a new S410k and new scope and charging gear, he did me a decent discount, mind you i'm sure he was glad of the sale in January!

good stuff.. s410k's also a very good rifle .

happy hunting :blush::)

Lew

I bought a Deben Tracer mini today for £85 from my local shop, pretty good price I thought! I also ended up buying a new S410k and new scope and charging gear, he did me a decent discount, mind you i'm sure he was glad of the sale in January!

Excellant choice mate :good: cracking choice of rifle and lamp there. What scope did you opt for? and what cal is you shiny new 410?

Hey guys,

Been reading the thread and about lamps and being a torch geek thought i'd chip in another viewpoint.

Looking at the Deben stuff and most favoured rifle lamps I notice a few common themes, battery size/types (tend to be large/heavyish), how long they last (not long), overall weight of a setup etc and wondered if anyone had been looking at, uses or thought of using LED lights? CREE LEDs are currently some of the brightest LED units yet produced, soon to be superceeded in a couple of months, but blow current torches with standard filament bulbs out of the water.

The light output of some of these torches is staggering as is the amount of time they illuminate on a set of batteries. I own a few and will never go back.

I've got the following torch which I use as a general purpose one for camping, festivals, out and about:

http://www.glowgadgets.co.uk/fenix-l2d-q5-...hlights-torches

for which you can buy a red filter for a few quid.

http://www.glowgadgets.co.uk/fenix-flashli...ame=accessories

All you need is a rifle mount of some sort. Now i've used this shop before and let me state right now that this isn't a sales drive and I have no affiliation, this is info only and there are many places to buy these but these are all in one place so it's easier for cut and paste of linkys.

Shop also stocks a bike light holder:

http://www.glowgadgets.co.uk/twofish-lockb...ame=accessories

But I know for a fact that Lockblocks do a mount pretty much the same as the above that is suitable for fixing a torch to a rifle, and having spoken to the guy at the site he said he's had a lot of interest from shooters with regard to these lights and obviously mounts. I'm sure he'll get some in if he hasn't already.

Just thought i'd spread the info as I wasn't aware, until a few months ago, just how much LED torches had advanced.

LED torch £37.95 (4 hours on its 2nd highest setting of 107 lumens which is pretty damn bright, 2.4 hours at 180 lumens which is painful/impossible to look at, also has lower power modes of 12 and 53 lumens)

Filter £2.50

Mount £6.95

£47.40p for an all in easily removable setup (not including batteries, the one above runs on 2 x AA) that you can stick in your pocket and use as your carry around torch.

55grams weight for the torch not including batteries + 2xAA + placcy filter + rubber mount, can't weigh more than 150 grams all in!..

Just food for thought. Be interested to hear what y'all think.

Excellant choice mate :good: cracking choice of rifle and lamp there. What scope did you opt for? and what cal is you shiny new 410?

The S410 is in .22, I ended up with a 3x9x50 Hawke scope to give me a better chance in poor light. I am just waiting for the wind and snow to stop so that I can get out and zero it, then start reducing the squirrel/Bunny population!

The S410 is in .22, I ended up with a 3x9x50 Hawke scope to give me a better chance in poor light. I am just waiting for the wind and snow to stop so that I can get out and zero it, then start reducing the squirrel/Bunny population!

Nice one mate, let us know how you get on - happy hunting! :good: