See ya.

sidibear

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that missed it someone is selling a bow. I am a NAS registered competiton archer so you could say I know a bit about the sport.

I stated that I recognised the arrows for sale and that they were good for the novice, also pointing out that the bow was a good length and the draw weight was good for the beginner.

I also added that I was available should anyone want help or advice on this sport.

The post was deleted and I received a pm from one of the mods, not listing the content as its just that, a pm.

If anything the post should have been split as a topic or left as it was. I didn't do anything wrong as far as I can see. I offered advice, help and assitance on something for sale in an area that I have a lot of experience in.

And there was me thinking a forum like this is to help and advise people.

"Like it put up with it or **** off there is 3 options available "

And here we have a future forum moderator.

Not my cup of tea mate but having a whinge on hear wont do you any good i dont agree with the post being removed but what is this thread going to achieve apart from an argument. whats done is done, You can either agree you were in the wrong put up with it and move on or leave. thats the way it works.

Y.I.S

Jordan

I know you said to post it in "other types of shooting" but this was specific to a sales post.

How many people on here know about archery and bows?

I can say I am pretty much the expert on this.

If someone was considering buying this bow and wasn't sure if it was suitable then my post contained all the information they needed.

And a forum like this is designed to help and assist people, and that's exactly what I did.

A bit more tolerence needs to be exercised someday rather than "black / white thats the rules" type mentality

A mod closng the topic notwithstanding, I'm saying this is going to run to at least a 4 pager. Not a 10 pager like the whole outlaw farce, but I think we can go for a 4.

And maybe another breakway site.. www.forumspigeonwatch.co.uk maybe

Edited by russuk

Oh No here we go again :good::good:

Have to say, whilst I do understand HD's reason's, surely in this particular instance if it was good advice from an "expert" then what was the harm if related to the item in question?

SS :o

EDIT: Not the first time this has been done to someone offering advice, so not like its a ground breaking event, and HD is right "them's the rule's"

Edited by Suffolk shooter

Well come on then, post a New Topic that contains instruction on something you are good at, THAT is what a GOOD site is about. I took a liberty and looked at the topics you posted and as far as I can see none are instructional, if you wish to post about archery then the floor is yours, in the right section.

It is exactly the same post as saying "Good Gun, I had one of those......." it doesn`t come up to muster. If you want to help then do that.

@ Henry D, none of my posts are in the same league as anyone elses on here. I am here to learn from the experts and that's what this forum offers most of the time. People offer help to others in the form of their experience, and that cannot be read from books. Experience is obtained through time.

Its not often, very rare in fact that I can offer help or assistance in any subject on here because of my lack of experience. I don't hunt and I am **** at clay shooting.

But someone all of a sudden offered a bow for sale and that is my area of expertise.

I offered my advice and it was deleted.

You say to put it in the right section, but do you really think that anyone viewing that bow for sale would think to look in another area of the forum to see if there is any advice regarding it?

The advice offered was right where it needed to be.

I think you should have a been a bit more flexible regarding the posts. I agree with the "I had one of those" etc. But if someone had useful information regarding the item for sale should it not be allowed? A certain gun for instance that several people noticed wouldn't work with 10 round mags, or a certain bullet weight?