Evening stalk with my 5yr old daughter

v-max

heres my lad at 12,hes now 14 coming 15 and loves shooting,he can learn more about the countryside going shooting with me,plants trees animals,tracks in the mud and so on,these youngsters are the sports future,so let them see it all .the good and the bad,least that way its there choich if they want to carry on

is thata 28 bore if so what do you or your sone think of it as a caliber

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your 5year old daughter enjoys seeing dead animals and watching them being shot?

Well done you must be proud of yourself

Jonno

Saddest comment i ever read in this fourm :lol:

Fair play to you v-max for sharing more quality pictures with us and for sharing the experience with your daughter :good:

You can read that two ways :lol:

Well done you must be proud of yourself :lol:

or

Well done you must be proud of yourself :good:

Do we know which way it was written?? Hopefully the best way, it's great to see youngsters out and about. I have a 2yr boy and a week old daughter, can't wait to get them out :lol:

Jonnos comments have taken some flack but

I have to speak up and say everyone is entitled to their opinion, people shouldn't just call him a moron because he doesn't agree with you,...... vmax is entitled to bring his daughter up the way he See's fit but I and others dont have to agree with him,......

lest we forget it's a lack of tolerance for our sports that fire's up the protesters

so come on people, you talk about bring the kids up in the real world ..... well lets show them in the real world people can have different beliefs and opinions which you may not ... (even passionately & strongly) agree with,

now for my opinion which I dont give to upset or disrespect people,

today kids have to grow up to fast and however much kids are sheltered they will learn the ways of the world

so if my little girl (seven) thinks deer are cute thats fine with me I'd rather her think of Bamby not dinner

now you can disagree with me its your right.... but if you disrespect me thats your failing

Ken

Hello & thanks to every 1's support/views on this.

Kennym you are quite right in what you say & i have explaned that not all people like what i do & dont eat meat.As for BAMBI its 1 of her favourate movies & at 5yrs of age she isent bothered as im not shooting that BAMBI.

I told her that i do shoot kids off the doe's as there part of cull & that earlyer in the year thay can be left to orthan/pine away & die slow death.

The doe i shoot was pregnant & i showed her them & that at this time of year its what you see & that some stop but daddy has to keep at them as we saw 13 roe in 20acre or so field & need managed for health & welbeing.

• 3 weeks later...
I am firmly in the camp of starting them young, as I was!!!

This is a pic of my youngest taken in Jan, she is only 6 but this was her second season beating/shooting with me.

Shoot1.jpg

Her older brother is a bit of a pro now and only 10 years old:

BenjaminDuck.jpg

A bunch of kids out shooting like this means the sport has some future....

Shoot6.jpg

Jerry

Nice to see these pictures made the "Young Promise" page in this weeks Shooting Times 06/03/08, I knew that I had seen them both somewhere before (just took a bit of searching for!!).

Hope they are both really proud seeing it in there, as I am sure their dad is :blush:

Dean K