Motorbikes...height limit??

Oly

I've had a few bikes now and I'm just about thinking it may time for another so I'm thinking about getting a Honda NTV650 but I am 6ft 4" with a 34" inside leg, if anyone has had one of these could they let me know if they think I may be too big for this bike? :yes:

Previous bikes I've owned have been ZZR600 - a bit cramped, TDM850 - great bike, nice and upright, and a BSA B40 WD - ever so slightly cramped but generally OK as upright position. So far I'm thinking the NTV650 will be more like the BSA than the ZZR, if so I can live with this. In case anyone is wondering too, I have figured on the NTV650 so far as it has a reasonable amount of go without being a screamer, very reliable (shaft drive too) and 50-60mpg for the right sort of money. Basically the bike will be in place of a second car and for fun days out too.

If it is likely to be too small does anyone know if you can get vario footpegs or modified seats (pre-made) for this bike? And if so, where? And would these make enough of a difference?

As ever, many thanks. :D

Oly

You,re a bit like me... Im 6'3" and have had everything from a zzr to an NC30 and I can tell you that the NTV will be a bit small for you. Its not that much of a problem unless you do some mile crunching but I saw the light and got a trailie and will NEVER go back to a sports bike. They may be fast but boy are they uncomfortable. I now run a Yam ztx660 which is not fast but I have rediscovered the joy of the ride. Its comfortabe and handles as good as all those sportsbikes I have had.....£90 fully comp also helps......

I am 6ft 4" with a 34" inside leg, if anyone has had one of these could they let me know if they think I may be too big for this bike?

Just buy it, if you find that you are getting the top of your helmet grazed (oo-er) on low bridges I would let the tyres down a bit !! :hmm::good: :(

Either that or subscribe to this service that lorry drivers use >>CLICK HERE<<

Edited by LV

I've had a few bikes now and I'm just about thinking it may time for another so I'm thinking about getting a Honda NTV650 but I am 6ft 4" with a 34" inside leg, if anyone has had one of these could they let me know if they think I may be too big for this bike? :hmm:

Previous bikes I've owned have been ZZR600 - a bit cramped, TDM850 - great bike, nice and upright, and a BSA B40 WD - ever so slightly cramped but generally OK as upright position. So far I'm thinking the NTV650 will be more like the BSA than the ZZR, if so I can live with this. In case anyone is wondering too, I have figured on the NTV650 so far as it has a reasonable amount of go without being a screamer, very reliable (shaft drive too) and 50-60mpg for the right sort of money. Basically the bike will be in place of a second car and for fun days out too.

If it is likely to be too small does anyone know if you can get vario footpegs or modified seats (pre-made) for this bike? And if so, where? And would these make enough of a difference?

As ever, many thanks. :good:

Oly

Have a search on the net for bar risers and peg lowering kits, you may find ones for the NTV perhaps. If the bike is what you want but feels cramped these will help. A lot of guys i've spoke to with Blackbirds are on the tall side and have fitted them with success, without them they may well have changed the bike.

NTV will be way to small for serious use, my boss has one he's 5'5" and it's just right for him, try a KLR or similar big (500 to 660cc) trail bike, if you will be all road work get a second set of wheels and stick some sticky road rubber on it.

If you do go the trail bike with road rubber it is worth getting as soft a tyre as you can as a normal road tyre will not heat up enough and spoil your ride..

must agree with the Bandit 600 as a fantastic daily hack.

Couldn't resist it, put a deposit on an immaculate Honda NX650 Dominator this morning - will do the mpg I require, my insurance is £70/yr, Honda reliability, upright trailee, simple single, and it was WELL under budget - good for everyday use and the odd longer excursion...not too dissimilar to my last TDM850 either! :blush:

Would love a BMW GS but with those mpg figures and the hiked cost of them since Iwan & Charlie decided to take the wrong types of bikes round/down the world is just daft! I remember nearly buying a GS1100 with ~30K on it for £1100 about 18 months/2yrs ago...doubt I would find one for that price now! :lol:

Edited by Oly