Upgrading 12g Beretta 686E

Stu S

Hi Guys,

Have been thinking about upgrading the gun for a while now, and am currently unsure of what to try next. I would prefer to keep with beretta as i have found them to be reliable, easy shooting, and almost bomb proof. I have had this gun for over a year, and it is my first gun so I may not sell it, I'll probably keep it as a spare.

Which in the range is a sensible step up from here? The 682 Gold E? White Onyx?

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Stu

Pick up every and any gun up and try some more.

When I finished with my first gun (a silver pigeon) I thought I would stick with Beretta and tried everything upto the DT10. I then had a go on Brownings (too heavy for my liking) and then the Blaser and Kreighoff. It was made easy because Essex Gun had all of the above in stock and out on display.

It all just clicked with the Blaser - balance, swing, sight picture and fit, all there. Saying that they had a dozen Blasers in that day and I picked each one up and the one I bought just seemed different from the rest and fit me like a glove. I tried and re-tried the Kreighoff because they were reduced at the time, but just didn't like them - call it bizarre but they reminded me more of a Lanber than an F-off expensive top of the shop shotty.

:rolleyes: Hi Stuart,

I presume from this post that you are feeling you could do better with another gun? as apposed to changing for the sake of it?

You say you may well keep the one you have as a spare.......... if you have lost confidence in it, or have become stale with it, there are only three options you have.

1/ Get yourself some lessons and improve yourself to the extent that you shoot better with the gun you have! and then keep it!

2/ Get rid of the gun you have and get another one, which can be funded by the gun you sell, and this will allow you to buy a better one.

The notion that you will need a 'spare' with a modern gun does not exist, as they don't go wrong, and unless you are shooting in pro or semi pro

competition, you won't need to keep a spare as you have time to go to a gunsmith to get it sorted. If you have a choice, why would you shoot with a gun

you can't get on with..............you won't.

3/ Or, You have so much money, you can't wait to get rid of it? .........PM me and you can send some in my direction?

IMHO.........the only reason to have two guns for mr ordinary is for different types of shooting, where you might want to have a lightweight gun for rough shooting and something heavy for clays. Also, some like to have an auto as well.

The beretta will do both, as its not to heavy.

Go shoot some guns mate..........and spend on a gun you will never want to change. This could mean spending an awful amount of time trying guns out and might just also turn you into a great shot. you will find trying guns out that you might get free lessons from the seller.

Try to go to places where they will let you try the guns out. You should view this as an opportunity to enjoy your next gun even more...........Boys and their toys eh!

Thanks for that mate!

I have no probelm with the gun whatsoever, but I just felt that it was time to maybe take a step up the proverbial ladder and get a better gun.

Incidently I have made some enquiries about coaching sessions anyway, so I will follow that up first, and see what comes out in the wash from there!

Stu

I recently bought a new gun as I felt the need to get a newer gun. No other reason other than I wanted something newer and with a little more quality. I went for the beretta 682 Gold E and it is superb. Im no clay pigeon expert so tbh I dont feel too much differance with many guns but this does feel comfortable and I do feel confident with it. I have a few friends who shoot well with their guns but want to upgrade. I think feeling you want to upgrade and not upgrading can also upset your shot a little as confidence goes a long way when your shooting.

Best thing to do is as people say try a few guns when your find something that feels good and fits you well go for it. In the end I sold my previous gun on even though I also said I'd prob keep it as I just saw it as ££ tied up that I may as well release and use towards my new gun. Good choice to stick with Beretta :rolleyes:

Tris.