Butchering kit

tjdwillis

Im about to start stalking muntjac unaccompanied and need to get the essentials to allow me to prepare the carcasse for the table. In time i will build on the equipment but at the moment i just want the essentials, as cheap as possible. Can anyone reccomend equipment. (knife, bone saw, fly net, that sort of thing). hoist? what are the must haves?

Thanks

right you want a good make of knife like vibrox vitoreox you need a

5"boning knife

a small cleaver

a bone saw

and i would get steak knife thease are about 16 inches long

as its only muntys you are handleing you wont need a hoyst just a y bench to work then on and a small game larder is a good idear to

i have 6 years in the buchering trade i coul bucher a beef at the age of 10 and i can tell you get the knives stated above and you wont go for rong

I just use the knives I have at home, mainly Sabatier for home butchering and in the field I have several, but tend to use the opinel most of the time but as for a saw try >>THIS<< I have had one for years and its the biz for roe and fallow chest and pelvis bones so munties will be a breeze.

Im about to start stalking muntjac unaccompanied and need to get the essentials to allow me to prepare the carcasse for the table. In time i will build on the equipment but at the moment i just want the essentials, as cheap as possible. Can anyone reccomend equipment. (knife, bone saw, fly net, that sort of thing). hoist? what are the must haves?

Thanks

if you want to know about butchering p.m tikka 1958 he has been a butcher since b.c :good:

sorry phil :angry::good::oops: