Brought out the flapper today

I spent an hour today watching woodies start to come in and then veer off just outside range. I adjusted the pattern every now and then but to no avail. I then fished the flapper out and stuck one of yesterdays woodies on it and hey presto :angry:

I managed to pull one in from every flock that went over using a remote on/off switch.

LB

I have abandoned the rotor for the moment as it has been the kiss of death and will probably remain so until the rape is two foot high. Half of the deeks were on spring mountings but it was the flapper which drew them in. I was switching it on as a flocks passed by, 20-40 birds at a time, and there was always one that got drawn in. I haven't used it for ages :angry:

LB

Cheers for the info LB..... where and how much was your remote controled flapper if you dont mind me askin?

I've never used one but might be worth a try if not too much....Cheers Mutley

UKShootwarehouse, the sites sponsors, but I can't remember the price. It came with a battery and idiot proof instructions. The remote I bought later on and again the price eludes me........ it must be the onset of Alzheimer's.

LB