Lamp Advice

bigt1754

Hi all,

I'm after a lamp for my AA S410K which has a Leupold 4-12x40 25mm tube on the top.

I was looking at a Deben Tracer Max Pro or Tracer mini pro.

But.........

Having just seen the Lightforce 170 on another thread I would value any opinions. I want to apply for my FAC in the near future so the lamp has to interchangeable between rifles and 12 volt.

Thanks for any help/advice

Tony :good:

Mosa is right, any Lightforce is likely to be overkill on an airgun. If you're planning to buy a rimfire or centrefire in the future though, it may be worth investing in one decent lamp that can be swapped between guns.

In which case you want a Lightforce. I use a scope-mounted 170 on various rifles, and I have a shotgun mount for it too. You probably don't need a 400-yard beam in your S410K....

Can't find the battery life for the lightforce lamps. Deben states that you get 1.5 hours for the max pro, is the Lightforce comparable?

Please help its a minefield :beer::good:

Hi battery life is governed by the AH rating and the wattage of the bulb.

The times below are in minutes before recharging would be due.

battery amp/hours

Watts 7ah 10ah 14ah 17ah 20ah

30 90 135 180 230 270

55 50 75 125 135 160

100 30 50 60 80 100

As said a lightforce 170 would be overkill but a 140 imo would be better than a tracer having got both and used them in the field, as to battery a 7ah, but if you are intending to use a red filter then a 55w bulb with a vertical spot filament is essential as the filter cuts down the range.

My lightforce lamps are deffo superior to the tracers, whatever you buy get a dimmer this will further conserve the battery and extend your hunting range.

Hope this has helped.

:sly: D2D