Do the modern BSA springers compare with ...

vole

I am now after a full power (well 12 ft lb) springer.Always liked BSA so will stick with them.The new Supersports etc seem to be priced similarly to s/h Airsporters.I missed out on an £80 Mercury to my regret and would have had that but there is an Airsporter for £150 in really good nick which tempts me but should I go for the modern equivalent?Thanks chaps.

Ps I want it for vermin and targets so may prefer .177.

The Lightning is an excellent little rifle, though can be a little jumpy in .177. My .25 Lightning is a cracker :blush:

As for the older BSA's I've two Goldstars, a .177 and a .22. Both fantastic rifles to shoot and ultra reliable. Nice ones still fetch good money, and I can well understand it.

hey there mate im a bsa fan thats all i ever owned except for thr falcoln fn 12 witch to be honest was like shooting a bb gun i struggled to group a inch at 35 yards yet with the airsporter i can put pellets on top of each other i would say that the older guns where all ways built propley i have a mark one airsporter that stops everything i shoot at. my first gun was a bsa supersporter wow wat a gun wish i still had it lol Gun choice is all yours mate i know where i am with bsa springers..... OH yeah if on the off chance any one from bsa reads this bring back the airsporter !!!!!!!!!!

Not being an aigunner, but seeing the ads in the mags, are Webley's any good?

They never seem to get a mention when people are asking about recommendations which makes me think they aren't?

The older Webleys that were made in Birmingham were good guns, on a par with the BSA's I'd say. Unfortunatley they are now produced in Turkey. While I've not actually shot a Turkish Webley, I've not heard many favourable comments on them :hmm:

I have an 'Improved model D' (like an early airsporter) over 100 years old and still great! (I didn't buy it new! lol)

Reading this makes me want to expand my collection of springers further! I'd like one of each model in each cal, don't know why surely I can only shoot one at a time?

My Dad still has a MK1 Airsporter .22 and Cadet .177 which one day will join my collection these are the two rifles I learnt with :lol:

As we going down memory lane i brought my first mark one air sporter 10 yrs ago cost me 80 quid. Got it home showed my dad at first glace he said to me check the stock on the sholder grip i bet theres a V cut out of the second cut in the groves. sure as eggs are eggs it was there this gun belonded to my Dad 20 yrs before i was born.......... the V was cut into the stock because his 3 brothers had the same gun.