See Thru Mounts

HeadShotHoncho

Reading my new copy of total airguns today (great book) and there are occasions when i want to control feral and the scope is not suitable because of the lack of light and the zoom (i also want to use the open sights every now and then) but don't want to take it off, have looked on the internet and they are 20 quid and don't want to spend that much

Has anybody got any experience of them and if you do have you found them of any use.

Many thanks, HSH :blush:

Edited by HeadShotHoncho

I'm guessing you want the mounts you can see under to see open sights?

I've heard many people have problems as the stock on the gun either suits you for open sights or as a dedicated cheek piece for the scope. Bare in mind the mounts are likely to be a fair height to let you look through them to see the open sights so this may affect how easy it is to look through the scope if it is too high.

If that makes sense? :blush:

FM :good:

See through mounts are a waste of money, you`d be better off saving the money & putting it towards a second hand logun lamp. Or alternatively you could get a single piece mount & take off the scope off whilst still fixed to the mount but you`d need a point marked on your receiver to make sure you could put it back in the correct position for your eye relief.

Ye, thought there might be mounting problems, am going to buy a lamp sometime soon cos i want to do some bunny bashing once i've got my shooting back up to scratch (had a real low time for about a month, checked zero and no i'm shooting less than inch at 20 yards but i still need to improve so i can do it at 30 but i'm going to keep with the scope) cos my local farmers got a lot

Many thanks, HSH :lol:

Edited by HeadShotHoncho

yep, thats the ones. The rifle is a HW80 with no mods to the rifle or additions, the scope is a zero option 3-9X40, they'll probably fit but i think i'm just going to take the scope off, cos i can just zero it again and they hopefully won't zero out by too much,

Many thanks, HSH :no:

I have or had see though mounts on my HW80 .22 but had problems with scope creep in the end had to fit arrestor block, which defeats the use of see though mount.

I even tuned the HW80 down to 10.5ftlbs but they still crept back?

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...