Help with airgun

Browning GTS

Hi all on the air gun side of things :good: i know i could do a search but im feeling lazy :blush: I`ve been thinking of getting an air rifle for a while, i was out with a mate a couple of days ago and he was knocking pigeons over with his none FAC rifle, and i thought im going to have to get one!!

After having a chat with one of my farmers today he said it would be ok for me to use a FAC air rifle on his land for rabbits. What sort of range are they good for? and what is the best system to go for? Eg break action under lever ect. I know a lot say if you are going to get a FAC gun you might as well get a rimmy, but because of the flat land and livestock he does not want one used after all its his land. Also what sort of price should i be looking at?

Thanks for any help you can give :lol:

Distance wise your looking at around 55-60 yards comfortably. I would opt for a PCP, what you get mind is really your choice. Ivan rates his AA S410 Xtra FAC very higly. Price will depend largely on new or second and you must also consider any charging equipment that you will need,pump, bottle, etc.

Do you really need an FAC airgun? why not go with a 12 ft/lb rifle first? if you get one that can be turned FAC afterwards then at least you still have the option. personally, I dont think that there is a great deal that you can do with an FAC airgun that cant be done with a legal limit rifle :good:

Thanks for the help i have been speaking to a couple of shooting mates and they say don`t bother with fac just stick to normal 12ft/lb, i think this is best as i will be able to use it over all my permissions instead of just a few. The one i am looking at is the air arms S410 TDR looks nice anyone use one?

Bare in mind though, if you already have an FAC with other rifles on there, you are likely to get an FAC Airgun as open, that will not hinder you on other permissions. But alot of good shooting can be done with a legal limit gun, though you might need to brush up on your field craft. I certanly used to enjoy my S16. If I could start again with my application I would have stuck to FAC airgun rather than buy my .22LR. :(

You get very few shots out of the TDR, if i were you i'd just get the S410 but if you've got a bit more money to spend then i'd get either a HW100 or a Superten

HSH :(

The reason this looks good is one of my farmers owns some land within walking distance so easy to carry and lightish weight will help, as far as shots go all my shooting is live and 10 or 12 rabits normally fill the bag but will keep looking ???