Altered number plates

Fleabag

Methinks someone needs to get a different hobby. Do you wear a body warmer with badges on when you take these pictures?

No mate, just a uniform, and a digi camera. whilst on duty all these cars were parked on or around industrial units after dark, but it was cold. police keep saying we are writing down wrong numbers because a lot of the Young generation that visit our patch do so for different reasons that most people think, so the pictures are to confirm the true image and not what we thought it was.

Am I missing something, where does it mention the younger generation in this post. and the days of respect went a long time ago fella, you earn that.

Fleabag,I can see where you are comming from but do not try and indicate that these OFFENDERS are anyone other than the youth.I do not agree with the criminal element in society weither they be foreigners or not who blatently distort number plates with tape to avoid identification.We have all seen too often our protectors pulling over young lads and girls to summons them because they may have gotten a number plate made which they consider a bit COOL looking,maybe with their name in small letters at the bottom.They are regularly fined because their plates are not STANDARD.If everything must be STANDARD this would be a very boaring world.A prime example would be the correct shape for a banana.As for driving with fog lights on would this not be a good idea so other road users could see them?.(probably another law to be inforced,would bring in some more revenue to be used for our hospitals).I see another post concerning our nanny state,this thread does nothing to allay that assumption.I do not need anyone to tell me what is right and what is wrong,I have lived nearly 51 years and throughout that time I have never had to pay a fine,never been in any trouble with the police or any neighbour,as a matter of fact I have only been through a courtroom door to serve on jury duty.I still say that if society wants to prosper the AUTHORITIES need to realise that respect will never be earned with the threat of a big stick,this attitude which has crept into society will drive a further wedge between THEM AND US.

ARE YOU FOR REAL????EVERYTHING AS STANDARD AS A BANNANA............ITS THE FLIPPING LAW!!!IF THE LAW SAYS IT HAS TO BE SO BIG AND TYPED IN SUCH A FASHION THEN THATS THE WAY IT IS !!JESUS SHALL WE SACK MURDER AND JUST HAVE KILLED BY ACCIDENT INSTEAD??YOU UTTER WASTE OF SKIN YOU!!

YOU SIR ARE AN ***!!

EDITED BECAUSE I FORGOT TO CALL HIM AN ***!!

Edited by Traztaz

Am I missing something, where does it mention the younger generation in this post. and the days of respect went a long time ago fella, you earn that.

Fleabag,I can see where you are comming from but do not try and indicate that these OFFENDERS are anyone other than the youth.I do not agree with the criminal element in society weither they be foreigners or not who blatently distort number plates with tape to avoid identification.We have all seen too often our protectors pulling over young lads and girls to summons them because they may have gotten a number plate made which they consider a bit COOL looking,maybe with their name in small letters at the bottom.They are regularly fined because their plates are not STANDARD.If everything must be STANDARD this would be a very boaring world.A prime example would be the correct shape for a banana.As for driving with fog lights on would this not be a good idea so other road users could see them?.(probably another law to be inforced,would bring in some more revenue to be used for our hospitals).I see another post concerning our nanny state,this thread does nothing to allay that assumption.I do not need anyone to tell me what is right and what is wrong,I have lived nearly 51 years and throughout that time I have never had to pay a fine,never been in any trouble with the police or any neighbour,as a matter of fact I have only been through a courtroom door to serve on jury duty.I still say that if society wants to prosper the AUTHORITIES need to realise that respect will never be earned with the threat of a big stick,this attitude which has crept into society will drive a further wedge between THEM AND US.

Well actually it seems to be a mostly middle aged asian's way of being a yuppy in Leicester Pat. I won't go into why I think they get away with it as someone'll probably feel I'm being racist.

In this case a standard is required for the size and spacing of lettering for automatic number plate reading (ANPR) camera's to get the bad-uns off the road. These people also have the defence (so I'm told) that an incorrect number plate reading/spacing is a technical defence in court in the case of camera detected crime. Imagine such a slippery person maybe running a red light and a camera detects the crime - he goes home and puts his correctly spaced number plate on and... it could'nt have been him! :hmm:

Methinks someone needs to get a different hobby. Do you wear a body warmer with badges on when you take these pictures?

No mate, just a uniform, and a digi camera. whilst on duty all these cars were parked on or around industrial units after dark, but it was cold. police keep saying we are writing down wrong numbers because a lot of the Young generation that visit our patch do so for different reasons that most people think, so the pictures are to confirm the true image and not what we thought it was.

So replace body warmer with hi-vis jacket and a t w a t hat then :hmm:

Edited by DaveK

So replace body warmer with hi-vis jacket and a t w a t hat then :yes:

Edited by Fleabag

ARE YOU FOR REAL????EVERYTHING AS STANDARD AS A BANNANA............ITS THE FLIPPING LAW!!!IF THE LAW SAYS IT HAS TO BE SO BIG AND TYPED IN SUCH A FASHION THEN THATS THE WAY IT IS !!JESUS SHALL WE SACK MURDER AND JUST HAVE KILLED BY ACCIDENT INSTEAD??YOU UTTER WASTE OF SKIN YOU!!

YOU SIR ARE AN ***!!

EDITED BECAUSE I FORGOT TO CALL HIM AN ***!!

Very good,intellegent remark.Go to the top of the class.Your last Fuhrer was another who insisted that all his laws should be obeyed.

Sieg Heil.

not to mention the M.O.T, most of the plates that have been altered will and do fail there M.O.T on the grounds that the plates do not comply with the guidelines laid out by vosa,

well they do when i am the tester,

and as for driving with fog (as we call them ba$$$d lights) lights on, on a clear night, how many of you are aware this is a motoring offence that can land you with a fine,

as some one as said the law is the law and its not there to be broken, if you do the crime/offence then you ask for what you get,

Edited by stalker1